Tennessee Bound !! YEEE_HAAWWW !!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by brian88b, Jan 16, 2010.

1. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Hey usca/boc brothers leaving Louisville, KY for Gatlinburg, Tn as we speak. Not even taking fishing gear last minute road trip but any tenn. brothers close wanna give me a holler while im down be my guest and maybe gimme some tips on where to go "cat huntin" when i'm down there (which is like 3 times a year) Brian (502) 303-1630 or (502)618-9606 and will just shoot the crap Be leaving back for Louisville sometime Sunday. :cowboy:

2. festus

festus New Member

Hey Brian, I'm less than 2 hrs away from Gatlinburg. Have relatives in Louisville, KY but haven't seen them in a while. The closest catfishing to Gatlinburg would be Douglas Lake about 25 miles away. I have never fished it for catfish, but all these bigger river systems have flats, channels, and blues. Hit Hwy 411 north, drive through Pigeon Forge, and head on toward Sevierville. Then head on Hwy 66 north to Henry Crossroads. Go east (turn right) on Douglas Dam Road. The dam is about 5 more miles. I don't know exactly how many bait shops are up that way now. But years ago I worked Douglas Dam Road for the phone company and really knew the area well. You might want to check out the lake while you're there. But I know you're gonna freak out. During the wintertime they REALLY draw down that lake. It's shallow in spots. In the springtime you can't go wrong fishing below the dam, if bank access is open.

Good trout fishing in Gatlinburg. BTW, using trout for bait is legal. I have some friends who think trout are better than skipjack. Don't know if you can buy trout around the dam, but down my way an 8" to 10" trout at the bait stores is $2. You can use the head for bait and cut steaks 3/4" thick and get several more baits. The tail is useless.

You'll probably get off the Interstate 40 around Kodak. There is a Bass Pro Shop on the north side of the interstate. But I was there a couple weeks after Christmas and they hadn't restocked yet. I was pretty disappointed and hopefully they've got some more stuff in.

3. cattracker13

cattracker13 New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Like to call ya but Im just out side of nashville on the east side about 15mi..Pretty good ways from Gattlinburg...Sorry, good luck to ya!!!

4. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    Thanks, Had a Great Trip went to the Bass Pro at Kodak Tenn the Store was Great I usually go to the Clarksville, IN store home close to louisville so I was anxious to see the Cats in their tank, DISSAPOINTED, they had one Pretty Blue bout 45#'s my guess and that was it we have 6 MONSTERS in the tank at our location. Loved the store though was neet being in a different one for a change. Saw a dozen or more awesome creeks and rivers on the way and back. Man I shoulda took the sabiki set-up. Gatlinburg still had the decorations up from the 20th annual Winterfest it was neat with a tribute to all military divisions (posting pics) All in all fun trip cant wait to go back down and do some catfishing. Did a little side-tracking on the way back and goofed around in the mountains of Eastern, KY (bell county) for a while. But I tell yah I'm a 100% Kentucky Boy at Heart but if I had to change that at all it wouldn't be hard to grow roots in Tenn. Beautiful State and Great People !!!!

5. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
  6. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
  7. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    And Festus thanks for the info will Definatly be down there fishing behind that dam this summer sometime !!!!

8. festus

festus New Member

Yeah, I like Bell County, KY too, just haven't been there in a while. Got a friend who lives around Harrogate on the TN side near Cumberland Gap. I like the spot where you can stand in KY, VA, and TN at the same time.

9. brian88b

brian88b Member

State:
    Fairdale, KY
    G/f was sick of hearing me the whole time saying "wonder how close shadguts boat is ???" LOL hoping to snatch it up soon as taxes get in few weeks from now.

10. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    Thanks for coming to visit our great state, it is a great state and I am proud to live here.