Tennessee Aquarium in Chattanooga.

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by RiverratSC, Jul 27, 2006.

1. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    My daughter and I are going up on August 7-9 because she has been anywhere this summer. My wife has jury duty so she can't go, which I hate she can't go. We're going ride to Alabama the day we get to Chattanooga, once we get our room. I went to the Aquarium a few years back with my wife so I know how great it is. :big_smile:

2. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    Enjoy I think i have been there 4 times. And last year we got to see the new part of it. The salt water part.
    Man If I lived as close as Fish did to it i would spend a lot of time there.
    Pete

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I know Canepole and his wife went during Chatt in 04. He took some pics as well. Said it was a nice time.

4. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I can't hardly wait to go. My daughter seems pretty ready also. I'll makes lots of picture I'm sure.

5. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I hope you all have fun Thomas. Take some pics to post on here. I have never been to Chatt.

6. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    My husband & I went several years ago while visiting his sister who lived in Tennessee. It is really incredible. I think you & your little one are really gonna enjoy it! Something for everybody! I LOVED the jellyfish exhibits! They're really cool! Have fun!

7. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Well I made it to the Chattanooga and back home. I made a lot of pictures and I'll try to post some later. We had a great time but had trouble finding food we wanted. Man I wish I could have fished the Tennessee River while I was there. We stopped by Bass Pro in Atlanta on the way home and I bought some cattin things that I can't here close to home. The cats in the aqurium were big and made me sad that I haven't caught any that big yet.

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Glad to hear y'all enjoyed it! I would love to go back again one day. I love aquariums, zoos, caves and usually have to stop if it's one I haven't been to before. Of course I also enjoy gardens, plantations, and the beach at times. I'm not much of a beach person though.

What kind of food were you looking for? There is a great restaurant in Chattanooga called ....................oh CRS again, but there is a menu in the car. Next time I see it I'll try to come back and post it. Had my first gator bites there and loved them. Good seafood at this place.

Help Swampy, do you remember the name of it? You have such an elephant's memory.......alot better than my memory!

Take care.
    Cheryl

Can't wait to see the pics.

9. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    We wanted something like Applebee's but ended up with Waffle House.

10. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Ok I made a lot of pictures at the aqurium but most are not clear because of one thing or another. But I have a few other things I made pictures of that I can post.

Attached Files:

11. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    We also went to the Chattanooga National Cemetery and made some pictures. The cemetery is huge and it has a place to look-up where someone is buried. The truck pic was taken at a Wal-Mart, the only one we could find at that. Hope y'all enjoy these pictures. I made a few short videos of things at the aqurium for my wife because she didn't get to go with us because she had jury duty.

Attached Files:

12. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Thomas, I don't know how we missed this thread last month but we did, man I hate missing it. If we had seen it we would have been glad to show you and your daughter around the city. We do have Applebees here and we would have been glad to show you where they are and any other type of eating place. Chattanooga is restaurant poor.hehehe There are Walmarts all over this town, I think we have 7 now. We are sure sorry that we missed you, we live only about 10 minutes from the Aquarium and we sure have been wanting to meet you buddy.

Next time you are over this way, shoot us a PM and let us know and we will meet up somewhere.

13. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    The Chattanooga aquarium rocks!! Go early because you will want to spend all day there. Do not drive through Chattanooga without stopping at the aquarium.

14. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    Jim I wish I had PMed you before hand and I even thought about after I left the house on my way up. Trust next time I will let you know I'm heading that way. I figured they're more places to eat but all I could do was do figure 8's around town. We did find the Wal-Mart on the other side of Lookout Mt. Really was a beautiful place and I plan to go back next year sometime with my wife.

Keith you're right its a must if you get close by, the aquarium great.

15. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    We also stopped at the Bass Pro in Atlanta on the way back home. Man I love that place. The aquarium at BPS was nice also as far as BPS aquarium's go. I did pick up some hooks for catfishing and several things for my bass fishing.

16. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Thomas, when you were at that Walmart, you were about 1 1/2 miles from our house. We will be looking for you next time you are here my friend.