Tennessean Newspaper article coming Thursday

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by cumberlandcat, Jan 26, 2010.

1. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I don't know what it is going to say, but they are doing a small artical about a customer of mine that I took out fishing and a pic of his fish in the Tennessean this Thursday. I hope they might mention something worth reading. I am guessing it will be in the local or sports section. I must say its kinda cool. I guess I am going to have to buy a paper.

2. festus

festus New Member

Good job, Chris. Please post us a link so we can all read the article and see the photo. Reps coming

3. duckriverdave

duckriverdave New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thursday is the day that the Tennessean puts outdoor articles in the paper. I know it will be an interesting read this Thursday.

drd

4. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
  5. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I will try and post it on here if I can figure it out. Hope it is worth me even mentioning.

6. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Chris, you should be able to just copy and paste it here. I can do it if you'd like. I'll look for it online thurs.

7. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    Give me a call if you ever need another fishing partner.

8. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    Looking forward to seeing it,

9. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Well they put a pic of Eddy Brown in there. But it was a flop I guess. He did a pretty long interview and didn't mention anything about any of it . Oh well maybe next time he will do what he says he is going to.

10. festus

festus New Member

Hey Chris, who is the outdoor editor of The Tennessean? I just about quit reading that newspaper because of old David Climer, who is a sports editor. Don't feel bad, our local newspaper in my county won't print any outdoor articles or photos anymore, either. They're in cahoots with the politicians and the only thing in the sports columns is basketball, fb, and baseball. I like sports as much as anyone else, but I know folks who've sent photos of big fish to our newspapers and they refuse to print them. Lots of trophy catfish, smallmouth, and muskie caught in our county, but they sure don't want to publicize it.

11. FishingMachine

FishingMachine New Member

State:
    Nashville,
    Great Fish! Sorry you did not get mentioned in the article. That seems to be about par for the paper. Did you get a copy?

12. festus

festus New Member

I checked The Tennessean online and couldn't find it. That used to be a good newspaper, but as many others, such as the Chattanooga Free Press, Knoxville News Sentinel, and the Oak Ridger, they have fell victims to politics.

13. dthrasher

dthrasher New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    That sucks, not a shock, but sucks.

14. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I still haven't seen it I have been working but I have heard my boat looks great in the background

15. festus

festus New Member

I went into The Tennessean Online yesterday for quite a while but couldn't find it.

Does anyone know which section of the newspaper it is in? Or do you have a link?

16. FishingMachine

FishingMachine New Member

State:
    Nashville,
    Not the best in the world but here is a scanned image of the newspaper. For some reason the lovely paper does not put certain things online. I hope everyone can see this. Not sure if I am doing it right or not.

Attached Files:

17. otalldon

otalldon New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Good thing we can one up the paper now with something called the World Wide Web....Politics will take some time before it filters down to our little web site.

18. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    Great looking fish, thanks for sharing it with us.