Tenn river Ft. Loudan Lake

Discussion in 'TENNESSEE LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Ricky Dills, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Ricky Dills

Ricky Dills New Member

State:
    Corryton, Tenne
    We are catching some nice winter bluecats on the lake this winter it is the best winter on record it may be due to the drought dont know.

2. boogie

boogie New Member

State:
    east tennessee,maryville
    i plan on hittin loudon as soon as it warms up a lil more ,lil on the cool side for me right now ...been aching to try out my new fish finder and get it tuned in :big_smile: i figured the low water table may of concentrated the blues a little tighter in the deep pockets this year ,cant wait to get out there and give em a tug on the line.

3. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    Ricky,

How deep are you catching them and in what general area of the lake? I've been fishing from Poland Creek to Concord and I'm not doing too well lately.

4. cumberlandcat

cumberlandcat Active Member

State:
    Tennessee
    You may have to pay a toll to get those answers LOL.

5. Ricky Dills

Ricky Dills New Member

State:
    Corryton, Tenne
    Try a different area of loudan go up river closer to k town it will suprise you how close they are to down town in the river fish deep water and pray for current we have a great hole below duncan boat dock on the main channel it is producing some big winter blues try poland creek area up to louisville point rember fish deep main channel spots Ricky ! BIG BAIT= BIG FISH

6. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    Thanks Ricky! I'm leaving to fish Loudon in a few minutes. If you ever want to get together and stretch some line, holler at me.

7. Ricky Dills

Ricky Dills New Member

State:
    Corryton, Tenne
    What did you catch Keith we are after sauger and crappie now we have to catch some fish to eat we do not eat catfish just crappie and sauger and walleye how are you doing on loudan now thanks for info

8. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    Hey Ricky,

I fished the very deep (70+) hole beneath the biggest rock bluff between Louisville Park and Poland creek last Sunday. The fish were stacked up but I didn't get a single bite.

I also fished a few other spots that have produced in the area (the deep water by the silo and the dropoff by the lighted channel marker acroos from the Loisville boat launch and got skunked.

I marked a lot of fish by the bluff and the channel marker but they just were not interested.

I'll probable fish Loudon again this coming weekend.

9. Ricky Dills

Ricky Dills New Member

State:
    Corryton, Tenne
    Hi keith try up river close to knoxville it will suprise you try the ramp at south knoxville bridge then go down river from neyland stadium accros from third creek at the sewage plant there is some deep water on left side going down to the alcoa hwy bridgr try that bluff hole at the ut hospital cave there is some monster cats there remember they are slow and you have to put that bait in there face so move alot until you find them RICKY we will fish together this year on loudan good luck and get that big one over 80

10. keithcatfish

keithcatfish New Member

State:
    Maryville, TN
    Ricky,

Thank for the info. I'll try to get up to Knox to do some fishing this weekend. Some dirtbag stole the batteries out of my boat sometime Sunday night or Monday, so I got to find some cash real quick. I'll probably fish Sunday afternoon. Holler at me if you want to come along.