tenn river catfishing

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by catoon, May 14, 2008.

1. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    going to tenn river to camp and fish for the week end at pick wick damn 17th and 18th wish me and my wife luck thks :smile2: any tips from you localles would be app thks again

2. brandonnash

brandonnash New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I've never fished that part of the river, but I saw on a fishing show a guide thats down there fishes a little ways down from the dam. Apparently there's some pretty good size holes and drop offs away from the dam down river. I know he was catching some good size cats. There may be a report about that show online somewhere. It was on the North American Fishing club's show about a year or two ago.

3. catoon

catoon Board Clown!

State:
    whiteville
    http://www.h2ow.com/catfish/ this is phil king guide service you should call him if you ever want a guided trip on the tenn river he caught the 100 pound plus this year on the miss river tell him rich and teresa told you about him :cool2:

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    The skipjack should be running hard right now, so it should be easy to get fresh bait. When I jugged it below the ramp, I caught mostly channels for the first couple of miles, then started catching blues. When you get to the Shiloh battlefield, the river gets a lot deeper.