Tenn. River 8/3

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by BassMassey, Aug 4, 2009.

1. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    I joined Stumpjumper and Bumper last night for a trip down the Tennessee river. We put in around 5:30 and went bream fishin for a couple hours. Around sunset we had plenty bream and a bag of fresh gizzard shad so we headed out to find somewhere to anchor down. The fishing started off painfully slow, by 2 am we only had two 15 lb blues which stumpjumper put in the boat. Where I usually fish this would be a pretty good night, but the Tennesse is one of the best bluecat fisheries in the nation so it was well below standards. I beleive it was around 4 in the morning when we were rolling the reels up so we could pull anchor for a better spot, when the last rod with bait in the water got hammered........it was one of bumpers rods and he was quick to it, got it in the boat and it was a healthy looking 50lb bluecat......after some commotion and some pics we were headed to another anchor spot, and I think everyone in the boat had a re-newed confidence. We set up anchor on a spot where bumper mentioned he caught a couple flatheads the week earlier. Soon enough after the rods were in the water we put a nice flathead in the boat that was probably around 20lbs or so. Then soon after another rod started bouncing till it stayed down and another flathead in the boat. After 30 minutes of no more bites we moved not even 50 yards down the same bank.....we put a couple more flatheads in the boat. It was crazy, it was like we hit a school of flatheads, nothing like I've ever experienced before....I think we caught 7 all together in a matter of a few hours all from the same general area. And they all were hitting Big cut baits...only one was taken on a big live titty bream and it was a lil 5 lber..lol. So all logic kinda went out the window last night. And I almost forgot to mention the highlight of the night......Bumper put a new PB in the boat......I'll let him tell ya about it

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009
  2. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    BassMassey's pretty much summed it up for ya. He, Stumpjumper, and I headed up to TN for another all-nighter last night and boy it sucked for the first 7 hrs. or so, with just 3 blues in the boat. I was feelin' a little pressure after my trip last week, but things would start to change soon. During our last 6 or so hrs. we managed to put 10 more cats in the boat for a total of 13 cats caught and released. What's crazy is we caught more flatheads than blues (7 to 6). The mornin' bite really picked up for us. Total weight on the cats was approx. 250 lbs., the biggest was a blue right at 50 lbs. The highlight of the night for me , however, was a new PB flathead that pulled the scales down to a tick over 40 lbs., and beats my old pb flathead by nearly 10 lbs.! We had a great time and I really enjoyed hangin' out with Stumpjumper and BassMassey again, 2 friends that I wouldn't know without the BOC. I got a couple pics, one of me and the flathead and the last is one of the flathead showin' his support for the BOC :wink::big_smile:.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2009

3. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    It was a very memorable night! I too enjoyed hanging out with two friends I probably would have never met if it wasn't for the BOC. Congratulations Bumper on your jumbo PB Flathead!

Another crazy thing that happened was we caught three Flatheads on the same bluegill! That must be some sort of a record!

Umm, for some reason I am having problems uploading my monster catfish pictures... maybe next time :wink::smile2:

4. Cathooker

Cathooker New Member

State:
    Ga
    WAY TO GO GUYS!!!!!!!!!

5. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    congrats on a great trip and the new PB flathead...:wink::wink::wink::wink:

6. bradley_G

bradley_G New Member

State:
    Woodstock, GA
    nice fellas, and congrats bumper on the big ol' flattie. Bet it fought like a train.

7. SHE-CAT

SHE-CAT New Member

State:
    Dallas, Georgia
    Congrats on a great trip guys! Great pictures!

8. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Congrats on the PB hatchie-cat! Nice trip guys.

9. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Congrats on an awesome trip fishing!

10. PHLIPS4BIGKATS

PHLIPS4BIGKATS New Member

State:
    Alma Kansas
  11. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Nice report guys! Bumper congrats on a new PB flathead.

12. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Great trip brother, congrats and good luck in the future

13. CJ21

CJ21 New Member

State:
    Montgomery, Alabama
    Aaron, thats some nice catfish.

14. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Holy Smokes! That flathead is huge!

Way to stick it out during tough times. If it was me, I would have given up after 2 hours of bad fishing and went home and slept. You hardcore fellas stuck it out and reaped the benefits of your toughness.

Awesome report!

15. Gazippoman

Gazippoman New Member

State:
    GA
    Persevering paid off. Glad to hear you had a great night out! How big was the boat were you fishing off of? And any room for a 4th?

Bill

16. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Congrats Aaron, David and Marc on the nice Cats! :cool2: Great reports and pictures! :big_smile: The 40# Flatty is a hawg! :worship::worship::worship:

17. mmarcum6

mmarcum6 New Member

State:
    Tenneessee
    congrats guys those are some nice fish especially the big flatty

18. preshrd3cpy

preshrd3cpy New Member

State:
    Calhoun,Tennessee
    Congrats on the trip very nice fish