Tenkiller

Discussion in 'OKLAHOMA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by fox9988, May 5, 2008.

1. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    I just did a search,only 4 hits.My buddy has a lake house there and has invided me over to take him fishing.Any tips or advice?(other than wait out the flood?)Thanks

2. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    as of last weekend there were no ramps open on tenkiller, when it does get down to better level its a great lake for bass and crappie and you can also catch some cats there also, the only problem is after mem. day weekend the lake will be full of jet skies, water skiers, speed boats ect. best fishing will be around day light till 10:00 am after that non fishermen will take over. good luck

3. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    There are some cabins by the dam , and a boat ramp ...I have fished there in the mornings and evenings and caught plenty of cats, bass ,sandies and large mouth..
    There are also some uncleared areas i have fished on the opposite side , that hold a large number of cats in the summer...

We get that close to webber- falls lock and dam and that is where i go fishing,the lock and dam

4. fox9988

fox9988 Member

State:
    Lincoln,NW Arkansas
    Name:
    Forrest
    Yeah, the traffic is bad on Tenkiller.I was thinking about night fishing or in the morning like you suggest.Thanks for the replies.

5. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Lake Tenkiller and the Greenleaf State Park both fill up with vacationers and divers from the first of May until the start of school in the fall.

I keep myself off the water during daylight hours all summer. The jerkbikes are a constant nuisance until dark.

I really am thankful for the tourists simply because they provide the fuel for our slow economy here in an otherwise empoverished area. The tourists provide an income for 75% of the working people in Sequoyah County.

They buy tons of ice, hundreds of dozens of minnows, truckloads of beer and soft drinks, groceries, bathing suits and other items during their anual trek to our part of the state.

Some of them even spend money with me! I love the tourists.

6. Steven Armstrong

Steven Armstrong New Member

State:
    Sallisaw,Oklahoma
    camping is great all around tenkiller, but if i really had cat fishing on my mind i`d slip down to brewers bend above webber falls and fish. albert can help with info then on the bait and you can also catch a few crappie around the rail road bridge

7. tkishkape

tkishkape New Member

State:
    Gore, Okla
    Thanks, Steve... but you said it all! :smile2:

Launch from Brewers Bend, go downstream toward the dam, but bear right and go to the pool just below the park. It averages 17 feet, so be careful as you approach the shoreline. Park the boat within casting distance of the bank and proceed to fill your cooler with nice channel and bluecat. :wink:

Shad can usually be found around the bridge pilings in the mornings and on the boat ramp under the lights at night.