Ten Mile Fishing...

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by busti8, Aug 30, 2009.

1. busti8

busti8 New Member

State:
    RicesLanding,PA
    I was just wonderin if anyone else frequents any spots on ten mile? I usually head down to ten mile park.. its close to my house and i've done okay down there.. there are always people there..

I also went to pollocks mill/robinson run a lot last year (caught some big carp, but small cats).. but havent been there since i broke my hand this year.. to retrieve your caught fish in this particular spot, you have to go down a 6 ft bank..

im headin down to the park later and then to the mon.. just wonderin your luck down there.. you can always spot me there past 9:00.. not hard to find.. keep fishin everyone and good luck:big_smile:

2. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I caught a couple nice channel cats there earlier in the year and a couple small flats.
    There are a few nice flats in there for sure.

3. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

4. mikeozo

mikeozo New Member

State:
    PA
    I have fished 10 mile very heavy this year. I have caught around 45 flats and a bunch of channels. My biggest flathead was 24 pounds. 10 pound walleye also.

There is a deep channel that runs on the other side of the creek across from the park. They call it hangin rock. It runs bout 18' deep for bout 50-75 yds.

I have been fishing the river a lot since I got a boat a month ago. If you see a couple guys in a white searay with blue stripes, thats us. We usually head out hour b4 dark.

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Welcome aboard to the BOC Shayne. Good luck catching those cats!

6. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

Welcome to the BOC Shayne. I fished Ten Mile Creek quite a bit last year and did really well. It like one of those places, like who would of thought? Theres lots of cats in there and plenty of other species. I have even fished and caught Muskie in there. Being from Crucible you are close. I usually lauch across the river at the State lauch by the Ferry. I'm from the other side of the river.

7. busti8

busti8 New Member

State:
    RicesLanding,PA

youre right, the park is a place I never expected.. I have lost two poles down there and seen a guy lose his.. it does hold some big cats and carp..

I was there the other night for a while.. had all kinda good bait and was excited for big cats.. i eneded with 3 sucker fish and the biggest snapper i ever saw.. pretty upsetting :confused2:

i never heard anyone catchin or even tryin to get a muskie down there.. thats awesome

8. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

Shayne, Mikeozo caught a huge Walleye in there he posted in a thread. I forget the thread but he had pictures. Keep at it everything seems slow right now. But it won't be long.:wink:

9. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

Shayne the forum was Pennsylvania River Talk and the thread is Mon River Craziness if that helps.

10. mikeozo

mikeozo New Member

State:
    PA
    There is definately muskies in there...however I have only caught one..although I dont target them and mostly night fish. The majority if the musky that I have seen or heard of have been caught along the wall down towards clarksville. There are some places there that are easy to fish from also. Just park along the highway and give er a try.

I think I am heading out tonight even though its been pretty chilly. I am going to try and get me a few nice big chubs and suckers along with my blue gil. I am thinkin about trying to catch a couple sheephead to try as cutbait. I will most likely be fishing the river. But not far from 10 mile at all.

Hopefully I can give you guys a report of 50 pound flathead later tonite:)

11. busti8

busti8 New Member

State:
    RicesLanding,PA
    i checked his pictures out.. that is a very nice fish.. havent caught one of them in the last year or two though..

im headin out tonight as well.. got some fat chubs and was bluegill fishin earlier.. gonna try that out tonight.. hopefully it will be half decent..

good luck mikeozo as well!!

12. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

Good luck Shayne and Mike. Somethings got to bust loose soon down around there.:wink:

13. mikeozo

mikeozo New Member

State:
    PA
    I havent had any big chubs lately....all gils..I am goin to try and get a few and maybe a few suckers and rock bass.

I caught my 24 lb and both 19lbers on 6-7 inch chubs. Caught a lot on blue gil but nothin over 16lbs yet but the gils are so easy to get and chubs can be work to get so I have been using them. And the gils are hardier than any bait you can use in my opinion.

I have been catching a lot of 10-12 in channels in the river and I may keep a couple and try to see if anything will nail one of those.

Anyways, good luck, I will prob be heading through around 730-800pm. Will prob have my dad with me.

Later!

14. PaJay-p

PaJay-p Guest

Try the old trick of stepping on them and smashing their guts out and then hooking them. Really sometimes it really works.:wink:

15. john klein

john klein New Member

State:
    Bentleyville, PA
    i usaly fish elizabith locks but want to hit ten mile im goina fish it from my boat 9 7 and 98 dusk to 3 or 4 am any sugestions from u guys sure would apreasaity it

16. waynesburgjay

waynesburgjay New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Welcome to the BOC. There is a boat launch at the county park you need a permit (sticker) to launch there. It costs $10 I think.

17. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Welcome to the BOC Mongo!:0a25:.