ten foot eagle claw revies

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by slikk03, Dec 13, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i got me a ten foot yellow egal claw,if any bodey uses them for big blues and 8 oz weghts, can you give me your reveiws on them ,,,thank you:embarassed::embarassed:

2. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I don't know about them, but I got a 11 ft Daiwa beefstick lately, I just tried casting a couple times today, with 3 oz I was getting about 100 yds. I got it to try surf fishing, but also wanted to use it to get out to deep water in some lakes in MN. Wow, I was impressed.

3. alton

alton New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I would assume you are talking about the Water Eagle model. I know Cabelas sells them. The 10' casting and spinning models have a lure rating of 1-5oz. If you are going to cast 8oz and bait I would be searching for a rod with a lure rating of 6-12oz. The eagle claw will probably be too soft to do anything but lob 8nbait. Good luck.

4. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    ive chunked 9 oz and a 8 inch gill probably 75 yards with a tidewater and 100 lb mono with my 10 foot water eagle.. they are heavy...chunk it out and leve it or have a sore arm :smile2:

5. KansasKatCatcher

KansasKatCatcher Active Member

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    8oz is nothing to this rod in 10ft.It handles it with ease.

6. steveturner024

steveturner024 Active Member

State:
    Illinois
    Name:
    Steve Turner
    I know someone with one of them and it seems to do well. I'm not sure if it is the same model but his is 9'.

7. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

I,ve used some of the water eagles years ago.Good solid work horse.They,re an often overlooked rod,If funds are limited,you can,t go wrong for the money.:wink:

8. Brandon05l

Brandon05l New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    i just got one the other day but mine is 13 foot it look like it will catch a monster

9. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    I had a nine foot years ago and it served me well for the money, until I did upgrades.

10. KansasKatCatcher

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    I forgot to mention that I am reviewing the older model water eagle rod.Not the newer one without the cork handle.Just bought the newer model 10 footer today for $12 bucks out the bargin cave at cabelas.It has a diffrent real seat,guides,and handle.You can also see the string like stuff where they wrapped the guides.The guides and real seat look exactly the same as on my Ugly stick Big water.But I'm pretty sure there the same.
    Ill give and update this summer on how it performs next to the old one.

11. Catfishboy1995

Catfishboy1995 New Member

State:
    Council Bluffs
    lol, I was just going to buy one today but i went with the wuppin stick for some reason i liked it...I was looking at the king cats but the only have MH..I wanted H

12. KansasKatCatcher

State:
    Kansas City, Ka
    Did you get a Heavy action whuppin stick.If so what size?Was it thicker than the MH they make.

13. tricitycatter

tricitycatter Member

State:
    Washington
    I tried a 9' Water eagle MH and it did not like more than 3 oz of weight. I mean we could lob a 6 oz cannonball & about 1oz of cut bait 60-80 yards with 30 lb braid, but it went where it wanted no real consistancy with more than 3 oz on. I just got 2 - 9' MH Whuppin Sticks & took em out just to see how heavy I could get, & with my Okuma Avenger 55's with 50 lb braid they did great with 2-4 oz, 5-6oz was fair but more than that it was iffy.