TEN COMMANDMENTS of ANIMALS:

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by MRR, May 14, 2006.

1. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    1.My life is likely to last 10-15 years.Any seperation from you wlii be painfulfor me. Remember that before you buy me.

2. Give me time to understand what you want from me.
    3.Place your trust in me-It's crucial to my well being.
    4.Don't be angry at me for long and don't lockme up as punishment.You may have your work,your enterainment and your friends.I have only you.

5.Talk to me sometimes.Even if I don't understand your words,I undrestand your voice.
    6.Be aware that however you treat me,I'll never forget.
    7.Remember before yu hit me,thatI have teeth thatcan crush the bones i your hand.Yet I choose not to bite you.
    8.Before you scold me for being uncooperative,obstinate or lazy,ask yourself if something might bebotherung me.Perhaps I'm not getting the right food,orI've been in the sun too long,ormy heart is getting old and weak.
    9. Take care of me when I'm old,you too will grow old.
    10. Go with me on
    difficult journeys,Never Say(I can't bear to watch it)or(Let it happen in my absence).Everything is easier for me if you are there.Remember I Love YOu!

THANK GOD FOR OUR PETS.

2. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Awesome, positive rep points for you.

3. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    There are a lot of folks that could use this. Great post brother!!!

4. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Great post man, there definitely are a lot of people that need to read this!

5. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Awesome post! Thanks for sharing.

If more people would live by the words in this post my "job" would have been/be much easier.

Pets are not disposable property, but yet unbelievable numbers of people treat them as such.

Try as I might I cannot understand how someone can have a pet for several years and then when its old and failing, dump it at a shelter instead of taking it to a vet and hugging it while its humanely euthanized. Heck, even shooting it between the eyes at home is much more humane than dumping it in a shelter to die with strangers. I have been a shelter worker that had to do those lethal injections (never, ever, could I operate and kill using the gas chamber method! I've witnessed that method and it truly is HORRIFIC!) so I know what these poor animals go through when taken from all that is familiar and left to die without you, the one this animal loved, being there.....

With all the animal abuse, owning a pet should be a privelege, not a right. Just MHO...

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    I KNOW How hard it is to have to say good bye to your best friend. I had to mine back in 97 and i still tear up when i write things like this. went to work one morning got a call that she was at the vets but they wasn't going to do anything till I got there. that was one of the hardest thing I have ever had to do. At least I got to say goodbye,had her cremated and brought her home. have another dog now but she will never take Muffins place. She has a special place in my ol HEART> Didn't mean to go on and on.

7. Buddrice

Buddrice New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I can agree with everyone on this thread.We lost our Basset right before Christmas but he was here at home when he passed at age 16.

8. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    while sitting at my desk deep in thought and unaware
    my back aches and hands need a break slowly i stretch.
    looking around our eyes meet you quietly resting near
    my feet.
    a wag of your tail and your droopy eyes makeing their
    funny little darting manuvers back and forth
    as i rub your head scratch your ears.
    seems like a few days ago you were a little fur ball
    that was always sleeping when i would come home
    and like a baby i was told not to wake you
    you needed your rest.
    oh you would make me so upset when you had an accident and
    i thought you were as stuborn as an ox when you
    seemed to ignore me when i called you.
    now i cant rid you from my presece when i am eating my supper
    so intent on makeing aware that you love me as you
    plant your muzzle on my leg rolling those eyebrows
    one then the other...you got that look down pat.
    hard not to share my food with you although your
    not supposed to eat scraps you know i will sneak you some always
    your voice is so loud that i feel the neighbors must want to choke you.
    but im glad it works cause im sure i would hear it in the middle of the night.
    i see you with my kids and smile at you three as you
    are pummled with playfighting and your teeth bite
    like a lion but never too hard your always on an even keel never moody
    or mad .
    ive been awkened by your tounge across my face and wanted to spit
    but couldnt help but laugh as you were just saying goodmorning
    the best way you knew how.
    if you could talk i really would like to know what you would have to say.
    youve seen us at or best and worst and never chosen sides
    just been there when we noticed you like you are now
    gazeing up at me .

drc 5/06

9. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Too bad more people don't understand that. Therea re a lot of people with animals out there that have no business having them.

10. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    John,
    I know exactly what you are talking about. Anyone that treats pets as they should be treated, and shares their life with one will one day have one that is special, above all the others they have or will own. Its true that we can never replace that animal. But two wonderful things are that our hearts always have room to love and care for another and the memories of the love we shared will always stay with us. We never run out of those special little places in our hearts.
    Thank you for being one that cares and treats these pets as we should if we choose to have one in our lives.

11. Cattledogz

Cattledogz Active Member

State:
    NC
    Whew Darryl,
    Great post!
    The thoughts and memories your post brought to me made me smile and brought tears to my eyes.
    It really reminds me that it truly is better to have loved and lost than to have not loved at all.
    IMO there is no creature on this earth that will love us as completely as a dog that is given the chance to do so.

12. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :big_smile: THAT WAS ONE GREAT POST. BRINGS BACK A LOT OF MEMORIES TO ME PAST AND PRESENT. THANKS FORSHARING YOUR THOUGHTS WITH US. GOD BLESS.