temperatures around 50, wheres my poles

Discussion in 'LOCAL TENNESSEE TALK' started by otalldon, Jan 13, 2010.

1. otalldon

otalldon New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Like a heatwave, compared to what we have had lately. Hope to go fishing tomorrow for a few hours see how it goes, Gonna try some livers tomorrow. Can't wait.......Anybody go fishing today?

2. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    Sorry have to work for a living, going to try on monday.

3. festus

festus New Member

Good luck, man. I'm headed out myself in a little while. I got my choice of Tellico Dam, Melton Hill Dam, or Ft. Loudoun Dam, all within 10 minutes of each other. Don't really know what to fish for, sauger, catfish, stripers, crappie, or a little of it all. Plus there's a canal that connects Ft. Loudoun Lake with Tellico Lake. There's a few trout in there this time of year. Along with smallmouth. And my girlfriend works 5 minutes from Melton Hill. There's a 4 acre pond right behind their offices but I don't do so well this time of year in there but haven't really given it a chance. If anyone ever decides to locate to East TN, Lenoir City would be a good spot to move to. 10-15 minutes from Knoxville, choice of 3 lakes, great little town, all types of different fishing. I'm happy where I am, but if I ever decided to move anywhere else it would probably be Lenoir City the general area. I can get there in a little over half an hour so it's pretty close.

4. festus

festus New Member

I hear ya. Monday and Tuesday are supposed to be warm dry days, too. If I'm lucky, I might be able to schedule one or two of those days, also. Yeah, I'm lucky I can work from home and pick my schedules. Ha ha, sometimes I'm up all night working and just catch a nap whenever I get sleepy. Anyway I'm gonna pick up a few large shiners and a couple dozen large crappie minnows, some nightcrawlers and maybe even try livers myself.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  5. otalldon

otalldon New Member

State:
    tennessee
    I am off work today. Spot going to is off the bank, but always catch kentuckys and sometimes a nice smallmouth too.

6. festus

festus New Member

Yeah, I bank fish most of the time. I used to have two boats but I sold them. They were reliable, but most of the time I took them out to this island and bank fished and camped on there. I'm too active and can't sit still enough to stay in a boat.

7. otalldon

otalldon New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Hey guys, went yesterday, didn't do any good. Low pressure front in over us and it was like the lake was dead. All the fish are either deep or tight on structure, didn't see anything on the bank. Lake was clear and no wind, lake was like glass. Plus they have pulled down like 5 more feet, lowest I have seen it in a long time. Did take the time to put some wood down in the water along with some rocks to hold it down. When the water comes up there will be some structure for fish to hold to.

8. TennesseeJugger

TennesseeJugger New Member

State:
    Watertown, Tenn
    o

Well how did you fare?

9. otalldon

otalldon New Member

State:
    tennessee
    Nada, could not locate them, have thought about what I was doing and going to retry this week with a new strategy. Will let ya know if anything comes of it.