Temperatures are rising in Indiana

Discussion in 'INDIANA RIVERS TALK' started by river scum, Mar 6, 2006.

1. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    just a few more weeks and the flaties will be crankin again brothers. my river hit 43* yesterday, woohoo!!!!!! guess those little walleyes will have to do for a bit longer. lol

2. BigFlatty

BigFlatty New Member

State:
    Indiana
    what river are you talking bout?

3. ScottWiseman

ScottWiseman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis,Indiana
    The White River is around 46 degrees right now. Should get over 50 after this week and weekend.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Tim, do you ever catch any flatheads with water temps in the high 40 degree low 50 degree range?

5. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the river i fish is up to 45 degrees as of yesterday. wont be long! supposed to be near 70 this weekend too with rain. that will just warm it up more.:grin-big:

6. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    bigflatty:

upper reaches of the wabash

jack:

answer is yes but,expect to get skunked in the spring at those temps. fall temps in that range are alot more productive. IMOP

dink:

you said it buddy this weekend will be a kick start to weeks to come. god i hope this years wetter than last!

goin to get the boat ready today. me and cuz (hoosierpolcat) are goin to hiter tomorow. multi spieces fishin though. mainly expect channels n walleyes. never know when you put a nice juicy chunk in front of mr. flat though.lol

7. Larry

Larry New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    WERE flirting with 35F up in MN right now. Still have a ways to go.

8. centralcalcat

centralcalcat New Member

State:
    Marion, TX
    Just keep me informed of when they start compltetely new to Fishing IN and Flathead fishing.

Look forward to fishing with you guys.

9. rangerbull

rangerbull New Member

State:
    Indiana
    was wondering what part of white river you like best. I didn't figure the cats would be getting any size this soon after the kill off. I fish broad ripple and the landing and mostly for bass and I know they really have made a big come back. I was wondering how the cats where fairing.

10. Jroc777

Jroc777 Member

State:
    Evansville, IN
    The white river has some nice sized cats in it. I caught a 46 lb. flatty in the white in downtown indy last year. There were also reports of big fish coming out of the white near martinsville last year as well.

11. dusty1529

dusty1529 New Member

State:
    Winamac, IN.
    This rain has helped! Yesterday the Tippicanoe was 42 Deg. Today it is at 47 And the cats are biting. Me and a friend found a wintering hole filled with cats. In about two hours we caught 9 channels between 4 and 8 lbs!!! :)

12. flathead20000

flathead20000 New Member

State:
    Indiana, Delphi
    Your not lying there. I fished the Tippecanoe yesterday and caught nine myself on shad guts. The bite was kind of slow but when they took it, they really took it. My first time using circle hooks and was pleasantly suprised how well they work. I missed the first two fish, but when I settled down and just let them load up the rod I never missed another one. I'm SOLD!!!!!!

13. flathead20000

flathead20000 New Member

State:
    Indiana, Delphi
    baitfish, You Don't Live Far From Me, Let Me Know If You Want To Go Fishing Sometime. I Live On The Tippy Between Delphi And Brookston. Flathead20000:)

14. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    47 yesterday baby!!!!

15. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    :crying: temps back down to 41* boohoo. will spring ever get here?

16. flathead20000

flathead20000 New Member

State:
    Indiana, Delphi
    Temps are down, but still catching fish. Got Five today in about an hour biggest about three pounds. Slow bite but I had a few tweleve ounce buddies to keep me company!!!!!!!!!

17. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    44* this afternoon,it goin in the rite direction at least. rick glad to hear your getting out n hookin. im waiting on the flatheads to wake up myself.

18. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    45 degrees here now on the river, and rising air temps all week! gonna hit 67 by friday, river should be up to 55 or more by then! i feel like a kid who's goin to disneyland:D channels are slammin here now but im itchin to get the years first flat.

19. river scum

river scum New Member

State:
    hooterville indiana
    i hear that dink!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iv started to dream about them, so it wont be long till i can lip one. lol

20. Fishgeek

Fishgeek Active Member

State:
    Indiana
    River's back up to 44* & has been on a steady climb since the 22nd. High of 65 on Thursday...we should be pushing that 50* mark soon!