Temper Temper

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Kittyhunter, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Kittyhunter

Kittyhunter New Member

State:
    Princeton, NC
    Boy Nascar has got to set some examples out of people after today's race. First, Kurt (I'm gonna go storm down pit road and fuss at the crew chief who wasn't even driving the car) Busch. Scott Riggs got loose, and slid up into him End of story, it's racing. Did he think Scott did it on purpose? If I'd been Scott's crew chief, I'd have knocked him down that ladder. Second Kasey (somebody else got loose and slid up into me, so I'll just run over the front of his car so he can't win too) Kahne. Kyle Busch got loose, sound familiar? It did rain and wash the track down, there were a lot of ill handling cars today. And then Robbie (I don't know what happened so I'll blame it on somebody else and throw my helmet at him) Gordon. Not to mention he said the S... word on camera. Remember what they did to Junior last year? I think Nascar should fine these guys heavily, fine the car owners, (which would mean Robbie gets 2 fines) and make it clear, "the next time we see payback on the track, you will be suspended for the next race." Something has to be done. I bet these guys will feel pretty stupid when they see the replays and realize it was a normal racing incident. What they should do is finish the race, see the tapes, then comment after the fact. If they have a true problem with someone, see him after the race away from the track and settle it. Not crash the other guy on purpose and possibly ruin somebody elses car in the process of the crash.

2. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    It's a contact sport. let em tear cars up. that's the only reason it's even worth watching.
    Clean races with no cautions are the most boring events known to mankind.

3. Kittyhunter

Kittyhunter New Member

State:
    Princeton, NC
    Well racing is racing, but to run into somebody for the heck of it or to pay them back for accidentally hitting you is wrong and they should be punished. These guys are highly paid professionals and should act like it.

4. s_self88

s_self88 New Member

State:
    Shawnee, Kansas
    That is one of the reasons why local racing is better than the cup series. If they hit someone on purpose, they have to pay for the damage on their own car, and do the work by themselves.

5. ohiocattracker

ohiocattracker New Member

State:
    Cincinnati Ohio
    IMO its driver emotions if i had a driver that didnt care if he was wrecked or what ever i would find a diffrent driver someone that does because he isnt going to win.I have seen the same stuff happen on Dirt Late Models that happen today in Nascar guys going after each other on the track.I think Nascar is doing a great job at ruinning a great sport drivers cant speak what they feel(if they would quit putting a mike in there face as soon as they get out of car)its so politically correct they say they dont want to be known as the Redneck sport or Moonshinning roots basicaly forget the common man and who helped make it what it is.And i hate to say it but even in my favorite sport Dirt Late Models have become just as bad but im a Redneck lol and i'll keep watching /going i need that weekly inhale fix of Turbo Blue/tire smoke lol

6. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Retaliation on the race track has been part of the game since its conception.
    You can tell a great driver by not how many races he wins but how many cars he can put in the wall without wrecking himself in the process while still making it look like incidental contact.
    There have been some greats.

If you are afraid of torn up cars, don't unload.

I'm fortunate to have seen many Busch and Winston races when it was more about racing to win then the money that came with it. 15-20,000 dollar checks were the norm for 1st place, not 1.5 million.

This stuff they call racing these days aint much more then the old WWF, just a bit classier. It's a show marketed to sell tickets , empty the pockets of sponsors, and cause bidding wars between networks while targeting the younger generation. Screw the older fans . They know too much and dont fit in the program . It aint about stock cars, racing, and manufacturers anymore.
    When was the last time you heard anything about a manufacturers championship? It used to be discussed anytime racing was.
    You got a bunch of whiney little punks from all over the country that raced go-carts or 1/4 midgets.
    whatever happened to phonebooks, pillows and pedal extensions? :D

Toyota coming into the sport of stock car racing on this level is for one thing. More money. Who next? Honda? Bahahaha! :D

7. ohiocattracker

ohiocattracker New Member

State:
    Cincinnati Ohio
    You nailed it Mark,all those foreign cars coming in already in trucks and soon cup but who cares that Buick,Mercury and others of are own have droped out and Pontiac is close to being gone its all about the money.And yea it was alot better racing when purse's wasnt as big and it was about racing.Now you hear all the time team orders(let me get around lead one lap for points5 then you can go back around) what is that all the racers i grew up with would have laughed and said if he can pass me lol been around Dirt tracks my whole life my dad owned cars till 5 years ago he quit after 30 years as a owner said it was no longer fun.

8. catwacker

catwacker New Member

State:
    illinois
    sissy sally girly boys !!!!!!! every sunday!!!whaa! whaa! you bent my car!!! you messed up my hair!!! dale sr. would be running these half/a$$ wannabes into the wall, laughing all the way!!! rules? we don't need no stinkin' rules!!!!!

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    while were on the subject most of this started a coulpe weeks ago at bristol. they kept mentioning newman spinning jarrett time and time again. jarrett got him back. that was the funniest thing ive seen in history. newman got what he deserved and i was glad jarrett got the nerve to do it.

what they forgot to mention was wallace first spun jarrett several laps earlier. just happens to be newmans team mate.

my Q is where was newman during that race. on the bubble of tenth spot. where was jarrett. on the bubble behind newman. looked to me like they were trying to take him out of contention. after wallace failed to make him hit the wall newman succeded. when they pulled newmans car to the hauler mid race i laughed my butt off. ya it was retaliation. its the perfect way to get even. jarrett had a lot at stake at that race and so did newman. newman ruined jarretts hope at a championship. i just wish jarrett would have ruined his too. i didn't like newman before and he drove the nail in the coffin there. ;)

10. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I doubt Rusty would pee on Newman if he was on fire. Help him get in the chase? Big naaaaaaa!

11. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    What really launched Nascar up the mountain in terms of viewers and started the big marketing push that there is now?
    The Donny Allison Cale Yarborough FIGHT in the turn 4 infield Daytona.
    Thats what kicked it off.
    Millions of viewers for the first time got to see the passion of the stock car racing sport and its often fiery competitors.

12. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya you could be right there. they don't seem to be the best of friends. i wouldn't either. :eek:

13. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ok I understand docking in points and money for saying the "S" word to be politicly correct (country boys cant cuss?) what up with that LOL. What I dont understand is why was Robby fined the highes all he did was cuss while Kasey goes out of his way to wreck into Young Busche it looked like a film clip of Days of thunder LOL. That in itself is what I love to watch but it was BS that he wasnt suspended.

14. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Fine the TV personality that jammed a microphone in Robby's face!
    Kasey lost all my respect with that incident. He sucks at tearing someone else's car up, even under caution.

15. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    Im 100% with ya on that, the last thing these drivers need is a reporter and a camera in their face before they can chill out.

16. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Did you see where RG is putting his helmet up for auction to go towards Katrina LOL

17. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Both Robbie and Michael autographed the helmet.
    So far the bid is up to 40,000 according to Eli Gold.

18. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    That will pay for his fine LOL

19. Kittyhunter

Kittyhunter New Member

State:
    Princeton, NC
    These guys are highly(too highly) paid professionals and along with that comes responsibility to the public and media. When they signed the contracts, they agreed to certain rules and regulations along with agreeing to represent their sponsors in a professional manner. This would not include saying the competitor is a piece of s..t, nor would it include driving over the hood of another car. They know they are on camera and know they are expected to give interviews. It's part of the job. The best thing for them to do if they feel like they can't control themselves is to tell the reporters they have no comment at the momment, cool down, then come back later and talk. Most of them look like idiots getting mad when they spin out and show their butt, blaming it on so-and-so only to view the replay later and see it wasn't anybody's fault.

20. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    kittyhunter. well at least these overpaid proffessionals are not in the news for guns murder and rape like other over paid criminals that call themselves athletes. :cursing: your way off sir.