Tempe Town lake catfishing/Great new product

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARIZONA TALK' started by AZflats, Dec 20, 2005.

1. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    I spent a day last week at Tempe Town lake fishing for catfish with my daughter.. We had a blast catching channels on nightcrawlers..
    * We caught a few small ones in the 1-2 lb. class. We also caught what apears to be white Bass and a few bluegills.. More than enough fun for a four year old.

* Has anyone tried the Lightning strike rod holder? This thing is fantastic. I bought it from Bass pro online and Brother's... It works!
    *For anyone not familiar, it will set the hook instantly when the fish bites. So if you are not infront of the rig when the cat bites, it will set the hook and play the fish while to make your way to reel it in..
    * I have put in a photo with it in the background..

* I am going to ask Santa for one more this Christmas!
    Mery Christmas Brothers!

Attached Files:

2. asukevin

asukevin New Member

State:
    Tempe, AZ
    thats awesome that you and your daughter had a great time. those fish that appear to be white bass are yellow bass. no limit on them!! that rod holder seems awesome. i asked santa for a portable space heater so i can keep warm out when i go fishing when it is cold. hope i get it! merry christmas!

3. tdpasser

tdpasser New Member

State:
    Gilbert AZ
    Does it work on a boat? or is it for shore fishing? I'm looking for a couple rod holder from santa myself but for the boat. going to mohave for stripers, plan to pull the big A.C. plugs.

4. AZflats

AZflats New Member

State:
    Peoria, Arizona
    Yeah,
    It comes with a ground stake as wells as a boat mount.. I used it at Bartlett last Thursday from my pontoon and it helped me nail a few nice channels during the day.. That night I only got one flat head. I missed about four nice runs becouse I was all bundled up from the cold..... Guess I should have asked for a space heater too.. :) HAVE A GREAT NEW YEAR!!

5. asukevin

asukevin New Member

State:
    Tempe, AZ
    oh yeah! i gots me the space heater and a digital camera, so yall be seein the fish that i catch (hopefully) haha