Tell us about yourself!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL PENNSYLVANIA TALK' started by SEANEGNATZ0789, Jun 27, 2008.

1. SEANEGNATZ0789

SEANEGNATZ0789 New Member

State:
    MCKEESPORT, PA
    Hey guys, just want to get to know my fellow brothers a little bit better--Where you all from in PA and what is your family all about?? I am from McKeesport! Zeboman is my father-in-law (if you haven't guessed yet). I have a female pit bull named Blaze. I also have a tank full of cichlids (they are aggressive like pirahnas but just have brighter, nicer colors). I love fishing for catfish and hunting deer with my bow. My wifey is expecting our first baby in December so that will make zeboman a gray haired old pappy!! Lol! I don't know, just wanted to know a little bit more about the people I talk to on here.

2. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    OK Sean! I'll toss out a little about myself! I live in Sarver Pa. which is about 30 miles N. of Pittsburgh. I'm 45 years old. I have 4 daughters ages 21, 19, 17 & 15. I work in a paint factory (PPG) been there 19 years. I've been married to my second wife for 6 years, she is a Nurse (LPN). We have a Black Lab & 3 Cats (all female). Good lord I'm the only male species in the house! :crazy: :eek:oooh: :roll_eyes: :smile2: No wonder I go fishing, I got to get away from all those crazy females!!! :roll_eyes: :smile2: :wink: I'm a big fan of our Pittsburgh sports teams. I have a 24' pontoon (Cattracker1) that I keep docked on the Allegheny. My wife says I have too much fishin' stuff! :angry:

3. Bigcat tinyboat

Bigcat tinyboat New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    I'm in Canonsburg. Went to Slippery Rock U. Grew up in Philly and lived in Cleveland and Oregon before that. Just me and the wifey, no kids yet. Have a brother in the Navy being promoted to Captain this week. I have a South African Mastiff named Maximus who helps out on the fishing trips now and then. I fish for steelhead from September thru April, just cant seem to shake that habit. I tie my own jigs and use them 95 percent of the time. My brother and I have some lots on a private lake in WV with bass over 8 lbs so I spend a lot of my spring chasing them around. Lastly I live outside of Pittsburgh yet my alliegances are to the Browns, Indians, and the Flyers. Its a rough life sometimes.

4. DIESELkat

DIESELkat New Member

State:
    PA
    Hey guys, i'm new to the BOC and this seems like a good way to introduce myself. my name is Justin. I'm 25 and like 'catchaser' I also live in Sarver, Pa. When i'm not catchin line strippin kitties or at that pesky thing called work (at a juvenile detention facility) i'm Captain of my Vol. Fire Co or turnin up my Big Bad Diesel truck.(IF IT AINT SMOKIN ITS BROKEN):smile2: From October on, I trade my fishin pole in and i'm huntin. October and November i'm hangin in a tree waitin for ol' mossy horn, then back on the water for steelhead, ducks, and geese. When I actually am a home (very seldom), I live with my fiance, Heather, and my huntin dogs Hunter and Madison. Hope to see ya guys out there.

5. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA

Welcome to the BOC Justin Glad to have ya on board ! :big_smile:

6. Fishing Addict

Fishing Addict Member

State:
    Spring Church, Pa
    Im from the appolo area, just moved here bout a year ago with my girlfriend and her 2 kids 18 and 13. Im 29 and work as supervisor in window plant in Indiana,Pa. I follow the different fishin seasons through the year from ice fishing in january to steelhead in november and everything in between. I do a bit of hunting also.

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Justin - Welcome to the B.O.C.! :0a25: :0a23: Nice to have another Sarver member onboard! :big_smile:

8. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 New Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Welcome to the BOC Justin:big_smile:. I live in Abington ( about 15 min. N. of Philly). I am a foreman of a shotcreat crew building swimming pools. I have 3 kids (5 yr girl, and an 18 mo. and 5 mo. old boy) I enjoy fishing, hunting and spearfishing.

9. WhiskerWacker

WhiskerWacker Active Member

State:
    Pa
    My friends call me no net Nick, cause I never bring a net with me, thats why I have 2 hands, one for the rod and the other for the fish. I'm from just north of Pittsburgh and fish all three rivers and the beaver too. I'm 25 years old and have been catfishing for about 10 years. I have a 2 and a half year old son named Andrew and a female pitbull named Lady. I usually fish about 5 nights a week for cats, except during the spawn where I may get out twice a week. I work constuction, mainly roofing right now. Thats about me in a nutshell Work/Fish thats about it.

10. zeboman

zeboman New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    I will be 41 in August, I have a wife and 4 kids,2 girls and 2 boys.I also raise and breed pitbulls (ZEBO BLOODLINE) and fish and hunt every chance I get.Currently I`m pursuing my Associates Degree and I train in Muay Thai so I stay very busy.

11. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    I am going to be 37 in August I am disabled I had a massive heart attack in 06 doctors said I will only get worse but I disagree the more walkin to fishing holes the better I live in eastern pa north and west of philly near Reading,pa I fish the schuylkill and blue marsh mainly got my first flat out of blue marsh got my first river cat yesterdat 29 inch channel nice fight I have a son 11 stepson12 stepdaughter 13 I've been with my wife for 12 years been married 5 well I am planning a trip to the Elk river in Maryland soon My grandmother used to live there lots of nice cats its a tributary of chesapeake bay so we can catch lots of stuff there well good luck all ,fish on!!!!!!!

12. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    What's up gang. :cool2: Greg here in Southwest Philly. I'm 35 married with 5 lil ones.
    Been with my wife for 8 years, I am a carpenter/plumber.
    I just recently got my realestate license so hopefully better days are ahead.$$$ :smile2:
    Before the babys came I would fish just about every other day,but now I'm like a weekend warrior. :tounge_out:
    As far as a boat I own a 10' pelican bass raider that's collecting a little dust. :crazy:
    Hopefully I can get more time in fishing & maybe meet more Boccers. :big_smile:
    Hey Scott my wife tells me I own too much stuff too.:angry:
    Hey Dan I'll keep an eye out for you on the MMA Circuit. :wink:

Peace Fellas!!!

13. SEANEGNATZ0789

SEANEGNATZ0789 New Member

State:
    MCKEESPORT, PA
    Guys, it is real nice to put some realness to the screennames and pictures that I have been seeing on here. I have only been a member for a little while but I already seem like part of the family! I have learned an awful lot from you guys and I hope that my knowledge just keeps on building!

14. River Hobo

River Hobo New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Dang Greg, Five kids in eight years..... you guys need another hobby. :embarassed:
    No wonder the boat is getting dusty.:smile2:

I live in Southern Chester Co. and work in Philadelphia. I've been a package delivery robot for UPS for a little over twenty and a half years. Four and a half more years and then I'll finally have enough time to fish.
    (God willing of course)
    I'm married to a wonderful woman for almost twenty five years. Next month we'll be off to Alaska for our twenty-fifth anniversary.
    I have three kids. Two boys and a girl. The oldest is twentyone, the next is eighteen and just finished high school and will be off to Millersville University in Aug. and my daughter will graduate fron HS next year.
    Obviously I catfish or I probably wouldn't be here but never as much as I would like to.:sad2: I also spend time fly fishing for trout in the late fall when the streams around here are empty and in the winter I'll trout fish Muddy Run Lake till it ices over. My other hobbies include bird watching. I'm kind of a fanatic about this one, or so I've been told. But it's something you can do anywhere you are. I also listen to alot of music and watch as much baseball as I can squeeze in.

I have two dogs(german shepard -chow mix and an english bulldog) and a cat. We also have six birds. Two different types of parrot, two cockatiels and two finches.

15. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Tan Bui
    33 yrs old
    In a relationship
    Lived in US since months old
    Raised in southwestern Indiana
    Attened 13 years of catholic school
    Graduated Indiana University, Bloomington 8-97.
    Work history:
    Public school teachers since 1998
    1998-2004 kindergarten
    1998-present health/physical education

I single-mindedly fish for flathead catfish.
    I have no wife, children, or responsibilities other than my job so nothing stops me from fishing other than myself.

16. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    well, i just turned 40 a few minutes ago. i am single, i work at the DICK'S SPORTING GOODS warehouse in Smithton, PA. i love fishing and hunting, i work out, and watch GODZILLA movies any chance i get. glad i found this site as it is the best out there and the people here are great.

17. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    almost forgot, i am addicted to STEELERS FOOTBALL and the NFL in general. can't wait for the season to start.

18. Naack

Naack New Member

State:
    Irwin PA
    Happy B-Day ... dont ya mean 39 ?:roll_eyes: il be 29 years old in july and im going to stay 29 for 5 or 10 years im guessing :tounge_out:

ok lets see here im 28 wife and 2.5 kids.. is that the normal? daughter is turning 5 this month my boy is 1 and 1/2 me and the wife been married umm i think 8 years ... good thing she dont read this or i would be in hot water not knowing for sure, and a 8 year old black lab that likes to eat rocks i fish and bowl when not working,i got a 300 game this past year and finaly got my 300 ring :cool2:

19. ste6168

ste6168 New Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    hey BOC brothers... well dont know where to start but if your willing to read, ill write. My name is Mike and I am 22 years old, live in the north hills, right outside of Pittsburgh, and just finished my fourth year at Cal U of PA for technology education. Next semester I will be student teaching at Pine Richland MS and Hampton HS (if you have sons or daughters there, tell them to take my class) Until last summer I did not really fish for cats, but me and the roommates would go out at night with a case of beer and after catching a few flats, I am now addicted. I have already met up with whiskerwhacker (no net nick) and loved it, if anyone else ever wants to meet up, feel free to let me know. Anything else, shoot me a PM, especially if it is about Tech ed, or the PA school system in general, I feel I am pretty knowledgeable.

Thanks for being a great community, I have only had a short stay here but already has been GREAT.

ps. I am writing this from Orlando Florida in an awesome suite fully paid for through Cal because of a leadership conference. YESSS!!!! (only thing that sucks, I cant catfish down here, wednesday night I will be out though)

20. dirt138

dirt138 New Member

State:
    Springdale, Pennsylvania
    I am 27 and married. I have been with my wife for almost 12 years now which is forever when your 27. I have a two year old who I take fishing for at least a little bit everyday that the weather permits. Any time I get with the cats these days is just a bonus. I work at PPG in Architectural Coatings like house paint and what not. I also am the number one guy on the crew for the Number 17 Pure Stock at Lernverville and dirt racing comes in a close second to fishing for me. I also am on the Dean’s List at CCAC waiting to transfer to Duquesne. I was in the Army for 7 years until I was medically discharged for a pretty bag leg injury. In my spare time I am working on putting together a not for profit corporation to help children.