Tell me one thing...please!!!

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by BLKCLOUD, Sep 18, 2007.

1. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    Why is it that when i'm in full stealth mode, creeping through the woods that the deer take off like they were shot out of a cannon when I get within 75 yards but then this evening while I was on a 100 hp JD with a chisel plow behind it and my tractor was screaming like a banshee I have deer walk out to with in 25 yards of me and stand there like they are totally dumb deaf and blind????????

2. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Don't know, but I've thought about plow'n or bushhog'n, with my rifle in the tractor, during the season. I guess they've got some kind'a radar that tells them when we ain't got a gun. Same with coyotes, too.

3. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Boys, just go figure,

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Deer a naturally curious creatures. They don't see a man on a tractor ...they see an object that poses no threat to them. Now, if you get off of the tractor they will bolt real quick.

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    They can tell when you are sneaking. While scouting, I walk like I have somewhere to be and a lot of times I walk right up on deer. One of the best deer I've seen was one a buddy shot while running a chain saw. It was a big 14 pointer that just stood 40 yards away while he worked. His girlfriend tapped him on the shoulder and handed him a gun while pointing to the buck.

6. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Well, here come the John Deer, Catapillar hunting clothes, LOL.

7. BullDaddy

BullDaddy New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La.
    On a lease I used to hunt on, we cut all the shooting lanes with a old Ford diesel tractor. It was common to look behind me and see 4 or 5 does 30 yards behind me following along for 10 or 15 minutes. As soon as I would stop the tractor they would run off. I have thought about using diesel for a cover scent!:eek:oooh:

8. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    the farmer i used to hunt on said the deer just stood there when he drove around the farm ,they would run and hide when they saw my truck.when deer see anything in sneek mode they become alarmed.

9. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    ya, they know when the season is on:smile2:

10. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    It is very interesting how deer react to different things. I know someone who is always in his shed with the radio playing. The deer seem to come out when the radio is playing. If he has a slow day hunting, he goes into the shed and turns on the radio, and the deer come out into the open....I have also heard of a few people around here that start their tractor up when the hunting is slow, because the deer hear the tractor and dont feel threatened, they come right out into the field

11. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    Its a Plot by smokey the bear to confuse hunters and let bucky buck make them look bad!:crazy:

12. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    A couple years ago I was mowin hay when I noticed a huge buck in field. Each round I got closer and closer he was facinated I guess because I finally had to jump down and yell, he then kinda looked at me "with those deer in headlight eyes " and walked away to a spot where I had mowed and layed back down and continued to watch me till I was done. I personally think this deer was taunting me!!!

13. jpn

jpn New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Ive been shelling corn for the deer and had to stop to get them out of the way but most of the time they just stand there and watch me i guess they see the deere on the side of the combine and they think it might be a cousin or something.:big_smile: