Tell me I am not nuts

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by billNpam, Nov 12, 2008.

1. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    I was thinking that the next deer I kill I am going to bottle their urine and use it as a attractant. Has anybody else tried this and do you think it would work. Is there anything special to it that I should do.

2. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    OK you ain't nuts. LOL! Feel better now? :crazy:

3. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks I feel much better....Hec I was getting woried there for a minute

4. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    NO your not nuts! How do you think they get Tink's and other doe urine that you spray on bushes and around your stand? Only difference is that they do not kill the deer to get it.

One of those manufactorers of doe urine and attractants lives up the road from me . He has several deers in pens that he gets the urine and gland sents from.

I would not add anything. Just bottle it in a bottle and spray around the stand or dip limbs in it. You can also cut out the tassle glands and use them as a masking scent by tying them to a string and dragging them behind you as you walk to the stand!

5. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    If you take a doe when she is in estrus keep the bladder and milk it into a glass bottle. Same difference as what the manufacturers do. You might go to your old town pharmacy and see if ya can get some glycerin. Add some of the glycerin to the urine and this will keep the scent fresh longer.

6. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Bill,It shouldnt be any different than collecting urine from coyotes ,I used to save it in a gallon jug for trapping,Never used any preservative,tho for longterm storage it might not hurt.

7. Poppa

Poppa New Member

State:
    Pinson, Al
    I have never saved doe urine, but saving urine from a good buck in full rut
    is one of my favorite tactics. You can take this buck urine and doctor scrapes
    of another good buck for a couple of days, then ease in and rattle and you
    might think its a stampeed when the other buck comes after the invader.

8. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Go to Orcheln's, or MFA, or wherever you can get animal vac hypos, and suck the urine out of the bladder with that. That is what Nuge does. :cool2:

9. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i was just going to say that kat. if it's good enough for ted nugent, it's good enough for me! :wink:

10. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    I think I even saw a kit to do at cabelas the other day. Had a syringe (sp?) and bag and everything.

11. dust777man

dust777man New Member

State:
    SC
    I have never tried it, but have heard it does work.