Television coupons

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Ulikedew, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    At midnight on February 17, 2009, all full-power television stations in the United States will stop broadcasting in analog and switch to 100% digital broadcasting. Digital broadcasting promises to provide a clearer picture and more programming options and will free up airwaves for use by emergency responders.Which means if you have an older set you will need cable or a converter box.

So the government has issued coupons to help people out.This link is for two Forty Dollar coupons.With these you can save money on a converter box.Thought I would pass along year is going fast.

2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Way to look out I had been hearing about the change but did not know what it was all going to do I got cable so I guess I am safe

3. Ulikedew

Ulikedew New Member

State:
    Georgetown IN
    yep you are safe went and sent off for two due to never no during a storm cable might go out.Insight has a way of losing the local weather and putting up a blank wall with the little beeper thingy.I like to keep an eye on the radar when we have bad storms.

4. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    From what I read, you and I will be OK. I also have digital TV and thought it was covered but not sure on sets directly hooked to cable until I read the above.