TELESCOPING crappie rod

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by flounderman, Jul 19, 2009.

1. flounderman

flounderman New Member

State:
    Blaine, Washington
    Has any body used BnM Black Widow rods for catfish? Or any other brand of telescoping rod for that matter? thanks Jerry

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    I caught a 2 lb channel on one of mine when I was fishing for crappie and I almost didn't get him in. To much give in the rod. It was fun but I wouldn't do it all the time.

3. tiny b

tiny b Active Member

State:
    TX
    I have two 20' poles from B&M and use them all the time for catfish. Took my granddaughter the other day and gave her a 10 footer and was fishing about 8 foot deep in 10 foot of water with slip corks and we had a ball. She had the first one in the boat before I even baited up. Try it you will like it. Sixteen footers might be a better choice.

4. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Use them when bank fishing close cover and trees. Lotsa fun for smaller channels. Stay safe and stick a pig!!!:wink:

5. flounderman

flounderman New Member

State:
    Blaine, Washington
    I was reading on ............ where some BnM rods were shattering just lifting crappie. This aint good. My desire is to be able to reach to the pond edge without walking (sliding) down the slope to fish. I am getting older and don't bounce like I use to. There are some long surf rods out there if I could find a 16' blank and work up something. The line being inside the rod would sure keep things from getting hung up. Guys thanks for your comments.

6. Crucial

Crucial New Member

State:
    Virginia Beach VA
    I have wondered about the Cabelas Whoopin Stick crappie pole.... anyone have any experience with this one?

I was not too happy with the black widow pole I had long ago...

If your looking for a long pole that might have a little more spine than the crappie whips... Check out B'n'M's Pro Staff trolling poles. They aren't a whip, but an actual rod with reel seat and guides... a little stiffer and up to 18' and 20' long (for the X-tra long models)..