Telescopic crappie pole?

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by bluesbrother, Aug 16, 2006.

1. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    got a 13 foot one want tig rig it out for flatties this spring. any one ever trtied this. its a b,m black widder. awesome

2. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    just for the challange my moma caught about a 20lber on a cane pole and aworm,,,,blue cat that is

3. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Robert, My favorite drifting rig is a 12 ft B & M Cadillac,2 piece not telescopic, with a Shimano spinning reel. I mostly catch small eater size fish and it works great for that. The 12 foot reach and light weight of the graphite crappie rod works really well for me. I have it spooled up with 20 pound test Power Pro.

st

4. bluesbrother

bluesbrother New Member

State:
    texas
    greg i bet its a blast to playem out on it.thank you

5. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    You are right about that. When you get a 5 pounder on in some current it is a hoot.

st

6. peewee williams

peewee williams New Member

State:
    Pembroke,Georgia
    I have a assortment telescopic poles from 10 to 20 feet long with guides and reel seats.I use spinning and trigger spin reels on them.I have used from ultra-lites to Okuma CD-90's on them.I use a Daiwa under spin 120 rated for 100 yards of 12 lb.line as a universal reel as it fits all of the reel seats.I have Cabela's "Match" and "Predator"rods.Also "Wally Marshall" 12,14 and 16 foot rods with rated line weights of from 2 to 20 pounds.I also loved to fish with a lite spinning or trigger spin reel on a light fly rod.I have never fished for or caught a flatty.I have used and loved my long rods for years.They are great in there place and useless in others just as my 20 and 30 inch long rods are.peewee-williams