Tega Kay

Discussion in 'NORTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Joe Tilghman, May 31, 2009.

1. Joe Tilghman

Joe Tilghman New Member

State:
    NC, Lake Norman
    New to the area, took a ride to Tega Kay saw a sign for Lake Wylie access. Got there, what a jam, boats trying to get in and out plus both sides of the road had trucks and trailers parked and the lot was packed as well.

Is it always that crowded??:crazy:

2. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    "....Is it always that crowded??...."

As a Lake Wylie veteran, I can tell you that summertime is a mess at any boat ramp on Lake Wylie. Fish during the week if possible and you will avoid the crowds.

If weekends are your only time to fish, then my advice is to get there early in the morning, before dawn if possible and fish until around noon. Or, arrive about an hour before dark and fish into the night.

May through September are the worst months. Before and after that the ramps are much more tolerable on the weekends.

3. Joe Tilghman

Joe Tilghman New Member

State:
    NC, Lake Norman
    Thanks for the reply, my work schedule is changing so I will be fishing mainly weekdays.

4. billfish76

billfish76 Active Member

State:
    Rock Hill, SC
    That was probally Nivens Creek Access. It can get pretty crowded after @10am. Its only 2 ramps so things get conjested with people tring to get it and others tring to get out. After @5pm it starts to clear out. Wylie is a great lake to fish, I just dont like being on it during the day on the weekends after Memorial day.

Buster Boyd has more parking and more ramps, but can get crazy since its on the main lake, and is the main ramp. Plus you have to deal with the boat wakes from the boats going by.

5. wylie catter

wylie catter New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Dieter and Cary said it all pretty good.

Welcome to the BOC.