Ted Nugent

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by samh, Jul 17, 2006.

1. samh

samh New Member

State:
    Damascus,Arkansas
    Ted Nugent, a heavy metal guitar legend and devoted (bow) hunter, was being interviewed by a French journalist. Eventually, the conversation turned to his love of outdoor pursuits. The journalist asked, "What do you think the last thought is in the head of a deer before you shoot it? Is it, "Are you my friend?" or maybe "Are you the one who killed my brother?"

Nugent replied, "They aren't capable of that kind of thinking. All they care about is, What am I going to eat next? Who am I going to screw next? and, Can I run fast enough to get away? They are very much like the French in that."

2. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Oh man. I really hope that is true. If that is a real quote I have even more respect for the man!

3. blindfly69

blindfly69 New Member

State:
    kentucky
    he would say it.........and i would pat him on the back for it lol

4. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Well. that sure does sound like "Uncle Ted" hehe... He says whats on his mind and don't hold back....I caught that show he is on now "Supergroup" I think its called once.. He was giving the singer (Sabatian Bach from Skid Row) a hard time about drinking and basically told him he was done with drinking and if he caught him drinking again, he was gonna "Take him out behind the shed" ...
    Later in the week, heard a DJ talking about some interview with Sabatian Bach. Guess he had battled Alcholism for over 18 years, Ted Nugent got em off the stuff and he has been clean since....Goes to show ya how much a strong "Father" figure can be on someone's life......

5. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    "Snopes" is a number one site for looking up internet rumers and checking to see if they are true or not. I looked up this one and it's, well, mostly true. The interview was by a Englishman reporter, not French. Other than that, the quote was fairly accurate.

Just one more reason to add to the long list of why we need bumper sticker "Nugent for President".

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Gotta love the Nuge! I've been a big fan since the mid 70's. Seen him in concert about a half dozen times over the years.

7. Baitkiller

Baitkiller New Member

State:
    Akron, Ohio
    Ted is one of the good guys!

I like his politically uncorrect quote "Kill it & grill it".

I wish we had better Shovelhead habitat, a stocking program & cleaner waters here in Ohio so that quote could be used here (dream on)!!

:sure:

8. field989

field989 New Member

State:
    east central indiana

YES.... THAT WOULD BE THE BEST PRESIDENT EVER!!!
    heck i would even be able to vote for him :) cause ill be 18 come next election..

i can imagine it now...

all of them political people would be blowing up cause there robots made by some kid who lives in his parents basement and constructing robots to run USA

best idea ever is TED FOR PRESIDENT!!

Jeff

9. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I got that one in my e-mail. It's pretty funny.

10. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    Ted Nugent Rules! And a reply that speaks volumes.

11. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    You know he has that show on ESPN where they take greenhorns out on his ranch in Texas and make them kill chickens with their bare hands, get shot at with a paint gun while manueveing an obstacle course with eggs. It's a pretty cool show, lawnman61 was tivoing it and Uncle Ted can come up with some wild stunts.

12. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    He certainly has a way with words!

13. Jordan

Jordan New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Earlier this year I think I read in a hunting magazine that Ted was possibly going to run for govener of Michigan.

14. PeZ

PeZ New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hes a nut did anyone see his TV show that was on a while back i wouldnt doubt anything he said lol

15. TA2D

TA2D New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    NUGE for PREZ in '08

Aaron

TA2D

16. kccats

kccats New Member

State:
    Olathe, Kansas
    Ned is a nut.
    I'm glad he is on our side... but he's still a nut.

17. kat buster

kat buster New Member

State:
    Michigan
    Ted is my hero!!! I got to go to his camp for kids. I recomend it for any kid. He has one in Michigan and Ohio. I paid 75 dollars and I came out with about that much in free stuff. I think it is 100 know though. But it is worth it you get a cabin to stay in and free food. Plus you get too meet him.:cool2:

18. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    I do agree, that my first impression is Ted is a nut, a clown, a goofball. But if you listen closely, the man is very well educated in his gun laws, wildlife laws, rules, regulations, etc. Not only does he live & believe in all this, he's studied it & learned it. And you should hear his wife. I heard her once on television lobbying against gun control. She is also extremely intelligent. They are not just some radical loudmouths. They have done their homework. They KNOW what they're talking about. Anyway, thanks for letting me voice that..yes, I do back him 100%! Go Nuge!!:004:

19. David Knotts

David Knotts New Member

State:
    Bossier City, La
    I hope he will run for gov. of Michigan, I may have to move there to vote for him. You don't often hear of a rock star givin thanks to God for all the gifts in their life, but Ted does. He is a very smart man, and pulls no punches, and speaks his mind. That's what America needs. GO NUGE!!!!!!:0a31:

20. mandisue13

mandisue13 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    I love Ted. I noticed in his shows and hunting videos that when he kills (and yes he says kills not harvested) anything , he almost ALWAYS thanks God for the bountiful feast he has been provided with. What his family does not use he donates to the shelters to use. He also does not just go for the trophy buck like almost all the other hunting shows do. I say TED FOR PREZ!!!! I have often said that if i have another son his name is going to be Nugent.