Ted Nugent and Spirit of the Wild?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Rottdog, Mar 5, 2007.

1. Rottdog

Rottdog New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I was wandering what everyone's opinion of Ted Nugent and his show Spirit of the Wild were?

Garrett

2. catfishn72

catfishn72 New Member

State:
    WhEELING,WEST VIRGINIA
    I WATCH IT ALL THE TIME AND I LIKE IT.

3. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    It's because of Ted Nugent's "spirit of the wild' video series that I picked up hunting while I was in college. My girlfriend (now my wife) bought me a bow, I learned to shoot it, and I haven't wanted to leave the woods since.

I love his show. He's wild and brash, but he captures the "spiritual essence" of hunting as well. It means more to him than just sticking a deer or a pig, and most people who really "get it" about hunting would agree. There's more to it. God reveals himself to us through nature. The bible states that God's powers and qualities can be seen clearly through his creation, so that no one can say they didn't know there was a God (okay, that's a Lingle paraphrase.) This is my favorite part of Ted Nugent, and the part that I first picked up on while watching his video series.

Next, you won't meet a more outspoken and "commercial" advocate for hunting and gun owner's rights. I dearly love Ted for this aspect as well. Anybody who just passes him off as a long-haired idiot is sorely mistaken. He is painfully smart, and will gleefully whittle down the egos and defenses of the most seasoned anti-hunters and gun-grabbers.

Wanna see something fun? Watch any talk-show or special that invites Ted to debate some gun-grabbers or anti-hunters. You'll never see the man in the same light again. He will totally and completely eat their lunch. Pretty good stuff, when you see this intellectual "poop" on the show spouting off nonsense and Ted just utterly mows through their arguments and leaves them searching their soul for real answers.

The guy is a tireless advocate for hunting rights, the 2nd amendment, and for the outdoors. He loves children (look up his ted Nugent Kamp for Kids) and even does radio spots telling people to wear their seatbelts. Okay, he's long haired, rambunctous, loud, and has been known to curse a blue streak.... but every now and then you've gotta turn somebody like this loose on your opposition & Ted handles the opposition with grit to spare.

4. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    I like Ted, and his show. He's a great hunter, and conservationist. :cool2:

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Although the first time I watched it I was'nt sure I would like watching a 'rock star hunting' as I hate rock music, I was much enspired by 'Uncle Ted' I watch it often now but I'm really not into bow hunting like he is .
    He stands tall as both a hunter and an american in my books.

6. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    Uncle Ted rules. I enjoy his shows. sure he's outspoken but thats one of his strengths. this is why he's one of our hero's in the fight against our right to hunt & bear arms. He's the man. I wasnt to keen on his reality show sometimes but spirit of the wild is cool.

7. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    The Nuge was one of my idols growing up in the 70's and early 80's because of his music. I saw Ted in concert about a half dozen times over the years and always felt he was one of the best showman of all time. During the 90's and up to the present I have always appreciated Ted's stand on hunting and gun rights. This country would be a much better place if we had more people like the Nuge around. I vote Ted for the Head of Homeland Security!:cool2:

8. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    YOU GO JERROD, I tell ya, I love th guy. Got a chance to hunt w/him last yr, grea, GREAT GUY. His wife is so cool, Just a pair on th most enthusiastic, inspirational, energetic and intelligent people I have ever met. My dad cant stand him, but I think like Jerrod said, it means SOOOO much to Ted, to hunt, to have th freedom to hunt, what, where, and when he wants. to be thankful GOD has put these creatures here for us. I also like th fact that he is eccentric, and over th edge. I hope he's around for a VERY LOOONG TIME. he's got my vote for president.

9. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i was on a nilgai hunt on the king ranch years ago and he was there. he can play any kind of music. it was great to sit around the campfire and listen to him play all kinds of songs on his acoustic guitar. made a good hunt extra good. he is very outspoken, but i think that is the only way to deal with the peta nuts. if our politicians would tell it like they see it we would know their real intentions.

10. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    I like Ted's music ok. He's great when He's debating liberals but I just can't stomach his show. I mean he is just obnoxious.

I tried to watch his hunting show one time and he was in his tree stand bow hunting. And he shoots this little yearling elk that may have been 180 pounds and Ted's going nuts. He's relishing in watching the blood drip as this little elk limps off. It was ridiculous. I think it's pretty cool that the only meat they eat is what they kill and that he goes on an all natural diet before hunting season to unnatural odors from his body and all that crap but, sorry, he makes outdoorsman look like the lunatic fringe anti groups try to paint us as. Kind of like Ann Cultour makes Republicans look like a buch of heartless predators and Hillary makes the Democrats look like a bunch of communist dictators. I'd just rather watch someone else.

11. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Ive never seen his show (didnt even know he had one). I like his music but why down the guy for killing a 180 lb elk what if you dont need anymore meat than that? Like I said tho I didnt see how he acted when killing it but if you dont need 300 + lbs of meat why kill it?

12. CatfishJohn.612

CatfishJohn.612 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Uncle Ted rocks! And he is so outspoken for our rights to hunt and bear arms. He's a great american! just my .02.

13. Ghost River

Ghost River New Member

State:
    Carolina
    I'll put it like this. It wasa small animal and the man lookedas though he was going to orgasm, probably did later while reflecting on his kill. I wouldn't knock the man for getting excited but theres enthusiasm and then there is putting on a show and to me it came off a as pretty ridiculous. Just my 2 cent

14. waterwalker

waterwalker New Member

State:
    Louisville Ohio
    I think it is a good show I like the " killem and grillem ", drives the do gooders crazy.

15. CaTmAnDo55

CaTmAnDo55 New Member

State:
    florence, SC
    everybody is intitled to their opinion and i dont mock you for what you say but im the same as ted and a lot of people talk junk to me for taking small bucks or does but in SC they dont understand because we have such a long hunting season aug 1 to jan2 and when i lived in NY we had two weeks and shotgun with slug only and one buck tag and had a lottery tag for doe so in my eyes you took what you could for meat because i am strictly a meat hunter but me and my dad get so excited even if its a yearling and i dont care but you may not be able to comprehend what its like and i get more excited when my dad shoots one than myself . now ted nuggent is a great hunter and if you ever get the chance to watch one of his seminars you might change your mind about him if your a true outdoorsman he speaks the blatent truth about the way our rights our being abused because of activists and that we need to fight for everything we can

16. Darrell

Darrell New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Ted is about the sport and the lifestyle behind it. I bet that young elk was as tender as milk fed veal!!! He gets high off of the hunt and doesnt take any junk to get it. No drugs or alcohol. Too bad we dont have more people out there like that to spread the message.

Long live the NUGE!!

17. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    ted is a rock solid american....that's all that needs to be said

18. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania

AMEN!! Ive never hunted elk yet but I get buck fever when I shoot a buck or doe deer now. Guess the fever is even bigger when you shoot an elk. Doesnt all hunters get that rush along with the sorrow for the harvest they've just made? Ted treats it like they do in new orleans for a funeral. they dont want you to be sad & depressed thattheir dead. You should be happy their in a better place.