Technical websites

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by e5catfish, Aug 13, 2006.

1. e5catfish

e5catfish New Member

State:
    Smilax, KY
    Does anyone know if there are any technical websites out there that show boat and motor performance in reference to gas mileage? I contacted Yamaha and he quoted the specs to me over the phone but I'd like to look at it and compare them a little closer on my computer. I know the tests exist because he quoted me RPM's, gallons per hour, miles per hour, type of boat tested on and miles per gallon on a 90, 115, and 150 horse engine. The result was that a bigger engine is better as long as you back it off to around 2500 to 3500 rpm's. Run it wide open and it cuts your gas mileage in half!

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Bobby If there is I don't know about it. I have always found that in gas useage it all depends if you are riding with the current and wind. amount of load. To many things to factor in to come up with an exact useage.
    I have found that my 85 h/p if I travel at wot with the amount of load I carry and no wind with a lake condition I will use about 9 gals in an hour.

On a river with me against the curent I will use about 11 gals

3. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
  4. ShilohRed

ShilohRed New Member

State:
    West Tn
    He was right on the bigger motors.
    I have a Suzuki 140 4-stroke on my 20ftr war-eagle. And if I run around 4000 its pushing the boat 30 or 32 and sips gas.
    Now when I had the 85 HP Johnson on it. It took 9 gallons to go where it takes the 140 only 3 gallons.

Pete