Tebow wins Heisman

Discussion in 'Ersel's Gridiron Talk' started by Gordhawk, Dec 8, 2007.

1. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Tim Tebow the quarterback of the Florida Gators won the Heisman Trophy tonight. Very deserving in my opinion. The young man is an absolute stud football player!

2. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    I wish D-MC Had got it.But I am from Arkansas.:eek:oooh:

3. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Well,I'm from Iowa,but if I would have had a vote it certainly would have went to Tim Tebow. McFadden is a good ball player too!

4. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Hes a great Football player but the heisman is a joke!The award should be given to the best player in college football.No matter what the position he plays.

5. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Guys dont get me wrong he is a great hard nosed football player but if your not a QB or Rb in college football you have very little chance of winning the heisman.

6. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Don't you think there's a reason why the Heisman is usually won by QB,RB,and WR? Those positions are the one's that the best athletes usually play! I realize if it weren't for some good offensive linemen blocking for them they wouldn't be near as good as they are,but that's what people want to see when they go to a ball game or watch on TV is the big play being made by the skilled position players. It hasn't been that many years ago that Charles Woodson a defensive back from Michigan won the Heisman Trophy. Although it is rare,the Heisman has been won by players other than skilled position players.

7. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Glenn I get your point and Im sure the NCAA isnt concerned what the NFL thinks but if the heisman was given to the best college football player every year the NCAA and the NFL have a strong difference in oppinon.

8. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Nope, should have went to McFadden. Granting Tebow had a good year, but McFadden has had two really good years, and I believe was runner-up last year. I personally don't see where Tebow had any better year than Bradford from OU. But I can see where Freshmen shouldn't win the award. Sad thing is, after R. Bush, the Heisman means exactly squat. I think they feel they had to give it to someone this year, and Tebow won.

9. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I guess I don't understand how anyone could think that anyone but Tim Tebow could win the Heisman this year. Did McFadden or Bradford run for 20 touchdowns and pass for 20 touchdowns this year? Nobody has ever done that in the history of college football. I'm not a Florida fan or a Tebow fan but the young man was simply the best college football player this year.IMO

10. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I agree with Glenn on this one. I'm a lifelong Tennessee Vol fan and Gator Hater, but this was Tebow's to lose. He can throw and run, he's smart and a natural leader and a good person also. He was consistant all year even though his defense wasn't or they'd be playing OSU all over again for the big one. McFadden wasn't consistent and the other two candidates played much weaker opponents. It'll be hard for him to match or top this year's performance, every team will be trying take him out. I mean this was a no brainer if there ever was!

11. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I think the right guy won it. Throwing and rushing TD's sealed the deal.

12. dahoss2002

dahoss2002 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Congrats to Tebow! I wouldnt have been too upset if McFadden had won it. They are both exceptional ball players and very critical to the success of their teams. The only time neither one of them was racking up yards on us was when their defenses were on the field. As an LSU fan that has seen enough of both of them for the last 2 seasons, I'm glad Mcfadden is going pro and wish Tebow could also...LOL...Maybe next year.

13. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    i have to say that Colt Brennan was my pick for the Heisman, seeing that he led his team to a 12-0 record. He was just underrated like Chase Daniels from Missouri was. Tim Tebow didnt in my opinion have a season worth winning the heisman. And on the fact that a QB, RB, or WR always winning the Heisman, i think that is wrong, if it wasnt for lineman there would be NOWAY anybody would win the heisman because there would be no points scored and a lot of wasted time. i dont mean to ruffle feathers but i have played football since i can remember and lineman are always underrated, never thought of for any trophies, and very rarely mentioned during games.

P.S. when was the last time a lineman got the MVP award in the NFL???

14. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Congrats to Tim Tebow. Very good college football player.

Darren McFadden will have a better NFL career though.

15. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You may be right about McFadden having a better NFL career than Tebow,but I seriously doubt that. I think Tebow will be a very good quarterback in the NFL. Only time will tell who has the better career of the 2 players. I think they will both have good careers in the NFL,a lot depending on what team they are drafted by. I guess we'll have to wait and see after they have been in the league for about 5 seasons.

16. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    You know what.. I have been sick and totally forgot about tim winning that... That kid is insane... He has the talent and will be and NFL Star from the start...

17. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    1986 LB Lawrence Taylor-NY Giants the last time someone other then a QB,RB,WR won MVP Honors..

18. Gordhawk

Gordhawk New Member

State:
    Iowa
    When you say MVP honors,are you talking about the Heisman Trophy?