Teayswrestler starts a new season

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by teaysvalleyguy, Dec 7, 2005.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Teayswrestler is my little brother, Andy. He has been a member on here for a couple years now also. He has been to every gathering with me that I have been too. He is a proud member that wears the BOC shirts to school all the time and passes out the cards.

He broke his foot back during the 4th game of Football this year and took the cast off a couple of week ago (Yeah, he took it off before the Doc's OK because of the smell, LMAO) But, he has been cleared to wrestle this weekend.

He has been lifting upper body and doing a little bike when he got his walking cast but basically has only been able to practice since this Monday. I was able to go in and roll around with him and it gets tougher each year, LMAO. He is only a Junior but has been a 2 year letterman in wrestling already. There was a senior that stated that "he" was the varsity heavyweight this year and Andy just smiled. Well, Andy basically beat on the kid pretty good Monday and that was the kids last day at practice. He lost alot of his calf with his foot in the cast and some conditioning but he is still one strong dude.

He has his first tournament this weekend at Olentangy and I will keep yall updated. He is really busy with school so he does not get on here much but trust me, he asks about yall all the time. Said it is time we go down and pick on DH again, LMAO.

I just wanted to update yall on him and wish him good luck on the upcoming season. I will post a few pics to share from last year.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    That's cool, he looks to be some where around my age. Tell him I said good luck and go get 'em!!! :)

3. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks Katmaster, he is a Junior. 16 and has a good head on his shoulders, could not ask for a cooler brother.

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    LITTLE brother???

:D you go, andy

5. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Cool, im 15 and I'm a sophmore....(did I spell that right)..LOL :eek: or is it softmore? Just kidding, I dont think the head on my shoulders is to great....LOL :eek: :p

Seriously though, I really hope he does great. He diffently dosent look like a "LITTLE" brother.... :D :p

6. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Well, he is not so little any more, you are correct. LMAO

7. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Well he had his first tournment yesterday at Olentangy. I will give you an overview and a few pics.

His first match he got a forfeit because the kid decided to weigh in and not wrestle that day.

His 2nd match was against a kid from Olentangy Liberty, the home school. Andy got a shot to the face and his nose blead pretty good. Took almost all of blood time to get it stopped but we did so he was able to wrestle on. First period was 0-0 I think at the end. The 2nd period started off with Andy deferring his choice and the other wrestler chose neutral. Andy locked up and hit a "head-n-arm backtrip". Took him strait to his back and pinned him. Good start for the tournament.

His 3rd match was against a kid from Fairbanks. He was a taller kid so we kinda worked out a gameplan for him. Try and hit a "duck under" or something that you can use his height against him. Andy went out and took care of business pretty fast. Hit a back trip and pinned the kid in the first period.

His 4th match was gonna be his toughest of the day. We all knew this. He had a kid that got 6th in the state last year at Heavyweight and went through his first 2 kids in about 15 seconds. So, Andy knew he had his hands full. Andy got taken down early but was able to get to his base and get up. But then he was tossed in a tight half nelson and got pinned. He lost but no one expected his to win so it was OK.

Then the finals, Andy was going for 3rd place. Not bad for only have about a week of mat time and conditioning after being off his feet for the last 2+ month because of breaking his foot in football.

The final match was against a pretty good kid also but Andy was not scared and pretty confident. Andy went out and tried to hit a throw. He clamped down on the kids hands and went for the toss and the kid slipped off. Andy was able to get back to his base and work up. The kid went to turn Andy and he let out a yell of pain. Andy either tore something around his pec or broke a rib under it. He was unable to continue to match so lost by injury.

He was real sore last night and this morning. It was not a complete tear or it would of balled up. The trainer said that if it was not better by Monday then to hit the doctors for X-Rays. The poor kid just can win for injuries but he is a fighter.

So 4th is not what he wanted but not too bad for his first tournament back. 3-2 on the day but a long season in front of him.

We made Madison a onesie with his pic on the front and on the back it says.

Teays Valley Wrestling
    05-06 Season

Andy Hardbarger's #1 Fan

"Go Uncle Andy"

Pretty cute to say the least. Next week is Teays Valley Duels. He will get another 4-6 matches in and hopefully his chest will heal and nothing is broke.

8. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Here are a few more pics from Saturday.

9. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Hey Tea,

I also was a Wrestler in high school - but that was many, many, many moons ago ("1976" :rolleyes: ). LOL :happy:

I like the sport because it's "You vs. Him" - "One on One"!
    You don't have to count on someone else to win your match for you & after you win you can say that you done your job.
    There's no one to blame but youself if you fail, and that's the way it is in that sport.

And it sounds to me, that Teayswrestler is doing his part and then some. :thumbsup:

"Go Get Them Teayswrestler"
    Bert :cool:

10. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I am sure he appreciates the supports. I will let ya know what I find out about the injuries.

11. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Andy went for X-Rays tonight. They said that the ribs were not broke that their was torn tissue and told him to take 5-7 off. Well, Andy is like me, hard headed, this weekend is the home duel tournament so he is not gonna miss it. He is gonna just do cardio on the bike until Saturday so they said that would be fine. I will let ya know how he does.

12. shania

shania New Member

State:
    San Leandro, Ca
    Thanks Tea,
    :thumbsup:
    I'm glad to hear that he's doing O.K. - he will be back in the swing of things in no time. :D

Take It Easy,
    Bert :cool:

13. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Tea Jared started his wrestling season last week I will keep you informed on whats going on.

14. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    That is good to hear Ryan, let me know when his next tournament is and I will try and make it. I know Teays Valley is haveing a little kids tournament this Sunday, is he going to it??

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Not sure if they go that far. Usually there is one in Heath, Utica, Dublin/Scioto and another one but cant think of it. Ill let you know his Schedual when I get it. He did pretty good last year with 4th/2nd and 1st in 4 tournies it fun to watch. He probably wont go to the Heath one this year tho last year it was so badly organized that he would wrestle then wait 2 hours and wrestle then another 2 hours. We spent all day there and there wernt that many kids. Ill let you know tho.

16. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Today we had Teays Valley Duels, a home meet. His weight class had a couple studs in it. Andy finished the day 3-2 and should of been 4-1. He was dominating a kid from Hilliard Darby and got stuck accidently. He was trying to turn the kid and was too high and before he realized it his shoulders were on the mat and he was pinned. He also had to wrestle a kid that was undefeated last year at JV. The kid was good and he could not make Varsity because he was behind a state qualifier. Andy went out and threw him to his back about a minute into the match. He had him pinned but the ref was out of posistion. He ended up getting thrown and stuck but gave the kid a good match. He got 3rd this tournament so he is improving. He just needs mat time and conditioning, 9 weeks off his feet is really hurting him.

Next week he is at Pickerinton Duels Friday. Should be a good time. I will post some pics when I get them resized.

17. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    He has placed 5th, 4th, and 5th since last time I posted. Wrestled some great competiton and lost some he should not of and won a couple that he probably should not of. He is starting to get into form now, 9 weeks with the cast off put him off scheadule but I have been working with him every day I am off work. Today he is at Sheridan and will post results when I get home. Here are a few pics just to update yall.

18. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Here are a few more pics....

19. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
  20. teaysvalleyguy

State: