Teayswrestler qualifies for District....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by teaysvalleyguy, Feb 19, 2006.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Little brother stepped it up this season and qualified for District for wrestling yesterday. He had a rough start on the season because of the broken foot and was unable to wrestle a couple of meets. When he was finially able he was really out of shape and struggled to make it through a match. We have been going in before school and running and working out extra after practice to get him ready for Sectionals which were this weekend. The goal is to place in the top 4 and you make it out. There were 11 schools there and pleanty of good HWT's. Andy had to wrestle one of the best tournys of his life to get out. He drew the 2nd seed 1st match which was a rough way to think to start the tourny. He pinned that kid in 68 seconds which started the day off well. The 2nd match did not go as well, Andy was up 4-1 going into the 3rd and he got caught and got pinned. Well, lose 2 and you are done. He went into semi consos and had a kid that was bigger then him. He really was upset with his loss in semis and was ready to hang it up I think. He setteld down but I did not know if he was gonna be ready or not. He said he needed time to himself. Well, did not really talk to him before conso semis but he came out ready to wrestle. Stepped on the mat and went right after him. Andy took the pressure to him and pinned the kid in the 1st period to ensure himself a spot at Districts. He was going for 3 or 4th his last match. Andy had to wrestle the kid he beat his first match. Andy tweaked his ankle a little and we did not want him to get hurt. We told him to go out and have fun his last match, wrestle not go get hurt, not so much to win. Andy ended up getting pinned in the 3rd period but we really did not care about the match. The goal had been accomplished. Teays Valley got 7 out of 14 to districts which is awesome since this is our first year as a D-1 school. Just keeping everyone up to day on little bro's wrestling season.

Here are a few pics from the first match.

2. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Pictures from the 2nd match....

3. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Pictures from the 3rd match....

4. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Final picture of him on the podium....

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Congrats to little brother! The sky's the limit when you set your mind to something.

6. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    congrats andy
    glad your healin up from last year.

7. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Little brother has to wrestle the projected state champ at HWT the first match at Districts. The kid is 35-0. Everyone has to lose eventually right???

8. Mountain Cur

Mountain Cur New Member

State:
    Missouri, Warsaw
    Good Luck to little brother.

9. dgde4x4man

dgde4x4man New Member

State:
    La Moille, Illinois
    Good luck brother. If you need a little help do the move that Tea did to me at Catstock and you will win for sure...I think it was called the half blue moon. LMAO

10. eggman

eggman New Member

State:
    Jefferson City, Missouri
    ok, I am really freaking out. Congrats to Andy but what the heck is going on when I click on the picture attachments???? when I do it goes to the mysterious e-store and asks if I want to buy them?????WTF????? I truly think that the BOC has just past me buy. What is the e-store anyway, it says I have some money in there but i sure don't know where it come from......

scratchin my head

egg

11. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Congrats!! Keep up the good work.