Teayswrestler gets the OK to wrestle....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by teaysvalleyguy, Dec 21, 2006.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Little brother got the final OK from his Doctor yesterday so he can start his senior wrestling season. He won his wrestle off Tuesday and is in the Varsity lineup. He will be a 4 year letterman, which is a big deal.

He broke the opposite foot last year and did not get back until one weak earlier in the year. His first tournament is this weekend in Pickerington. He is weighing about 240 and is cutting to 215 for his senior year.

Have been working with him since he was in grade school. This will be an emotional year for me when he finially walks off the mat for the last time.

I'll get some pics and video for yall to post on this thread. Just hope he stays healed, the poor kid has no luck.

2. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Here are a couple pics from last year.

Attached Files:

3. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Thank you Tea for the update on little brother.Lets hope everything goes ok and he stays health this year.
    Was also wondering what had happened to you ,you don't post like you used to .Your hardly on here since the Nat.Garthering.

4. gardengrz

gardengrz New Member

State:
    wakeman,ohio
    good to hear from u tea specially bout the wrestliin. he looks like a tough one to go against. good luck

5. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    John, Paul and DH threatened me with my life. LOL

In all seriousness, just been busy with life. All is well though, thanks for the concern.

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Tea - Good luck to your brother! I hope he has a successful wrestling season!

7. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    I am glad he is a senior, it is getting harder and harder to roll around with them kids. LOL

8. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Yeah, i know what you mean. I am coaching the JV team this year after having not been on the mat in years. Does Ohio have the mandatory bodyfat/hydration testing during the preseason like we do here in Illinois?

9. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Yeah, it is new this year here in Ohio. Good luck this year with your team. I help coach also, but not as much time so far this year.

Will let ya know how he does this weekend.

10. TNVOLCAT

TNVOLCAT New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    TVG, glad your brother had a quick recovery and I pray he stays injury free through wrestling season.

11. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks Brandon, I'll keep yall updated on the season.

12. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Tea, it's great to get the report and the pictures on little brother. I wish him the very best. And it's good hearing from you.
    Merry Christmas to you and family.:smile2:

13. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Well, the first tournament was over and I missed 2 of his matches. I had to work today.

Some good and bad come out of today. The bad thing is that he went 2-3, this is not what he wanted but he wrestled good competition.

The positive is that he had all 5 of the kids on their back very close to being pinned. He tossed everyone of them. He just does not have his wind in him yet to go the distance. Now that the foot is healed we got to work on it.

Have some video on my camcorder, if I can figure out how to get it on the puter I'll post a link for yall.

Next Friday and Saturday he has a big tournemtn in St. Claisville, taking those days off work to be with him and enjoy a little family weekend getaway.

I got a couple pics I think I'll try and get posted at least.

14. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Wrestling is by far the toughest high school and college sports that are out there. Taught me a lot about discipline, and being tough.

Wheelmobile07

15. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Without a doubt. I coach wrestling at the high school level and very few kids have the mental and physical toughness to last an entire season. Those who do make it are well disciplined and prepared for anything that life may throw them.

16. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Thanks for keeping us updated tea. Always good to hear from brothers and sisters and their families accomplishments.

Wishing him a great season!

17. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Thanks for the update tea. Looking forward to hearing more this season. keep us posted.

18. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Hey Matt, thanks for the update. I'm so glad to hear that Andy is back on the mat! REAL wrestling, that's the only kind I care anything about watchin'. You tell Andy I said to GO GET 'EM!!! :cool2:

19. Salty1

Salty1 New Member

State:
    Mt. Washington, Ky.
    Hope your brother does well. I wrestled in Louisville,Ky. :smile2:

20. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Little brother is still going at it. He lost 2 tough matches last Thursday night. One to a kid he beat twice last year by points, and the other to a kid he has never beat.

He is strong and working hard to get back in shape. He is 4-4 right now I think, but should go on a run these next 3 weeks with the scheadule. The bad thing is that he has had everyone of the kids on their back pined except one, lol. He just has to get the endurence back. I have been going in working with him when I can after school and he has improved alot just over the last 3 weeks. He is trying to get all the kinks out before Sectionals in 4 weeks.

Here are a few pics from this year so far.

Attached Files: