Tea's 3 year BOC Anniversary today.....wow

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by teaysvalleyguy, Aug 16, 2006.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    http://brotherhood-of-catfishermen....ion=view_profile&profile=teaysvalleyguy-users

Wow, today makes 3 years. I remember joining like it was 3 years ago today, LMAO.

How I found the BOC.......

Got laid off at American Standard, they shipped everything to Mexico so we all got the boot or relocate with less pay. I took the boot portion. LMAO

So, very frustrated and wanted to relax a little. Thought about growing up and fishing with grandpa out in his boat. Spent many times with him chasing ol Mr. Whiskers. He also had a pond at his house that he dug many moons ago, and he would let me cut grass, dig fence posts, weed the garden, any old chore so I would have money growing up. Would ride my bike to his house early in the morning (3 mile ride) and work around the house. He would always have chicken liver in the freezer for me to fish in his pond. I would take the poles, rig em up and get em in the water. Put em in the old Concrete blocks and go about my work. I would check on them every now and then and always got a coulple nice channels. It was a blast and great memories I will have forever.

I did a Google search and found this place. Joined up and have not looked back. Wow, that about sums this place up.....WOW!!!

Have met many members and moderators. Been to 7 Gatherings and cant wait until next month to go to the grand Pooh Bah of them all. The National Gathering, I would not miss it for the world.
    The BOC is a tight knit group of people that will help you through rough times and laugh with ya (and at ya :big_smile: ) many times.

I have caught my first Flathead because of the BOC. Fished with member Stevecat (Steve Fisher) and he put me on a couple that night. Have never seen a monster that big. (I think it was about 6#'s, LMAO)

I then got to catch my first Blue Cat wish Tinboat (Dennis Barnes) Got about a 17# Blue Cat at the Chattanooga Gathering in 2004 with him. Little brother also got his first Blue Cat that night, 14#'s.

The BOC has brought my brother and myself alot closer. Has helped keep him out of trouble by learning to do something that he loves. He fishes every chance he gets and for that I will never be able to thank the BOC enough.

Many good members have passed on. Lost 2 Moderators in the same year, both I had the joy of meeting. JPB I got to meet at Chatt in 2004, he was the first one I seen when I pulled into the campground. Still got him on video telling me I was in the wrong place, LMAO. I also stopped by Uncle Sci Fi's house on the way home from Chatt the same year. Got to meet and fish with him and the Mrs. Pics and Video I will remember forever. Two brothers that will never be forgotten and the BOC would not be what it is today without their dedication.

I want to thank everyone for putting up with ol Tea and letting me chime in every now and then. :big_smile: I love this place and it's members. Yall mean the world to me. I could never repay all the knowledge or friendships I have got since I have joined and hope to shake each and every hand of the BOC members.

Hope yall have a great day and hope to meet many of you next month at the National Gathering.

2. crome

crome New Member

State:
    ilm,nc
    congrats matt,3 years is a lot of info!

3. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    3 years, and almost 6 thousand posts, thats about 2000 posts a year brother, wow..:worship: :worship:

4. sairving

sairving New Member

State:
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Congrats on your 3 year Anniversary!!! Keep it up!!

5. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Great post Tea!!! Congrats on 3 years!!!

6. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks everyone, appreciate the kind words. Shipped yall some Rep.

7. katcatchingfool

katcatchingfool New Member

State:
    illinois
    three years wow thats great i know i will be reading your post three years from know. just think youll will have 1,000,000 post by then lol

8. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO Jason, 1,000,000, hehehe. Thanks brother.

9. wolfman

wolfman Well-Known Member

State:
    Triadelphia, WV
    Name:
    Walter Flack
    congrats brother... I think we can tolerate another 3 years at least. lol:smile2:

10. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks Walter, LMAO.

11. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    Congratulations! I, too, have many great memories of being introduced to this great sport by my grandfather. I certainly hope that we get the opportunity to meet someday.

12. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations Tea. This place would'nt be the same without ya!

13. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks Aaron, I also hope to meet you one day brother.

14. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks for the kind words Johnny, I am blessed to have many great friends on here.

15. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Happy Third Anniversary Matt! Wishing you many more happy years on the BOC!

16. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks Tanya, I'll be here as long as the server allows. LMAO

17. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Congrats Matt,

From what I heard you must have 50,000 post by now counting the old board and the new LOL.

18. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO, I only had like 500 posts on the old board, someone is lying. :cool2:

19. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Cordova, TN
    Happy Anniversary, Matt!!! It's great that you have such fond memories, and I'm sure that you will have many, many more. Prolly won't be too long before your daughter is posting here too, and then Paul will have to go to another bigger server to handle both of your posts :big_smile: :tounge_out: :wink:

20. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    tae congrats from an good freind