Tearin it up at Aberdeen

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by Lookin for skipper, Feb 13, 2008.

1. Lookin for skipper

Lookin for skipper New Member

State:
    ohio
    Warm water discharge is the hot spot to be if you wana catch nice stripper none real big but numbers are great

2. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    What about skips. Did you catch any or see anyone fishing them. Im thinking about coming out there and trying to load up on some fresh skips.

3. Lookin for skipper

State:
    ohio
    no i am actually goin to cumberland city this weekend to try and catch sum.

4. Lookin for skipper

State:
    ohio
    let you know if i catch any at either place

5. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Thanks for the tip.Is the power plant upriver or downriver from Aberdeen?Can these be fished from shore or would one need a boat?Has the old bridge at Aberdeen been put back in service?
    Jake

6. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    With the river as high as it is, how did you fish the discharge??? at the mouth or boils? at this height, you would have to cast through many trees to reach open water from shore, were you in a boat? If so, is the Maysville ramp open??
    Thanks, Salmonid

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    I havent been back there, I made 1 trip this year, they have taken down alot of trees out there, looks like a bomb went off on both sides of the second boil...I do need to get out there for some bait........Also are you sure you were catching stripers and not white bass? I know we have caught hundreds of white bass out there but not too many hybrids..:wink:

8. Lookin for skipper

State:
    ohio
    yea im sure it was striper and we take a john boat an one of our buddies lets us put in. It was many on the storm lures that look like fish bluegill pattern

9. Lookin for skipper

State:
    ohio
    i wana find the catfish when they get in there but never can i need to catch some cats.

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    you guys use stripers for bait?:wink: rollo

11. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    The catfish are in there, but they are more difficult to catch for some reason. Your best bet is to get there real early and fish around the boils. There have been some big blues taken at the mouth of the discharge.

12. Lookin for skipper

State:
    ohio
    yea usually in the summer time though to try and catch some nice Shovelhead.