Teamobile has bit the dust....

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by teaysvalleyguy, Aug 20, 2007.

1. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    :sad2:

Well, after putting about 160,000 miles on her she has finially bit the dust I think. I have always kept the oil changed at no more then 5,000 miles. I traveled 95% highway miles so that is the reason that it was 5,000 instead of 3,000. I have drained the Coolant and flushed 3 times since I have had her. The transmission has been drained, filter changed, and refilled 3 times also since I have had her.

Went out this morning to take off and the car kinda acted like the trans was trying to grip in low gear. Then everything was fine. Next time I took off got the same thing. Then, was fine all the way to work. Checked fluid when I got to work and she was full. Went to leave work and car acted fine. Got about 2 miles from the house and stopped at a stop sign. Made a turn and no go. The car just would not go into gear anymore. :sad2: It still has reverse but no foward gears.

She has taken me to 6 or so Gatherings and been a trooper. I hate to put her down but I think it may be my only option. :sad2:

So, if you see any good deals on cars around central Ohio let me know. I am in search. I know this guy in Coshocton that I may give a call too also. :wink:

May she RIP.

Attached Files:

2. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Sorry to hear about your old ride:sad2: But getting a new car is always nice:big_smile: Love the stickers in the windows.

3. Deuce

Deuce New Member

State:
    ohio
    GOD SPEED Tmobile..:wink:

4. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    :cry:forgive me I always cry at funerals.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    It may not be as bad as you fear, I'd try a tranny fluid/filter change . and see what it does.

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I can make you a sweet deal on a 1974 AMC Gremlin! :big_smile: You would be the king of the highway in Ohio with this ride! :wink: :smile2: :roll_eyes: :eek:oooh: :crazy:

Attached Files:

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I heard the 70's era Pinto is going cheap :smile2:

8. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks guys, yall are swell. lol

9. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Sorry to hear about your car problems. I think I'd do as post above says .Try changing filter and new oil in her before giving up the ship.
    Hope you don't have to walk to the ole fishin hole to long.

10. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    You gotta love that matching BOC decal in the rear windshield. That's not a bad looking car, and 160,000 miles is nothing based on the way you've maintained her.

Are you sure she's not worth a little investment to fix up?

11. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    The car has 210,000 on her now.

The temp light has came one and off now for a while and I have not found that cause either.

The oil pressure light flickers on and off ever since I had to replace the Sensor. Just because it's aftermarket though.

She has been a great car but dont really think it's the filter/fluid. I just had it changed about 20,000 miles ago or so and reverse still works.

It may be time to put her down and get a new vehicle.

I think I am gonna take my wifes 89 Olds 88 just because I like these cars that much and get her something new. She wants a smaller car anyway.

I appreciate yall's imput. Trust me, wish I thought it was an easy fix.

12. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    i know the feeling man! my pontiac aztek is only a 2001 model but the tranny needs rebuilt or a new one put in,it takes a little time to catch gears and with the air on good luck trying to get it going at the speed limit lol and if i have to back up it WONT climb a hill in reverse, it seems fine climbing in forward though. if i had the money i would simply replace the tranny and be done with it but i think the engine has lost a LOT of power since i have had it and it seems pontiacs IMO have only been trouble cars i thought my sunbird was just a fluke till it started the downward moneypit spiral, it almost took my wallet with it at the bottom! lol :angry: :embarassed:i will definately not get another pontiac! or a DEAWOO for that matter DAEWOO in korean means"we sell big pile of crap to dumb americans" and my wife fell for it when they first came out lol also we got a DAEWOO-NUBIRA which means will void warranty driving it off the lot! lol long story short we had hell fighting the warranty company when the engine messed up and had to replace it ourselves and it took the place 3 engines before they found the right one,and we had to spend over 2,000$ to replace it because of one receipt for an oil change we couldnt get! :angry::angry::angry:
    so watch those warranties carefully there is a lot o0f fine print! and always keep your receipts or if you change oil yourself keep the receipts for parts!!! they will bite you in the butt if you lose one and something serious happens! :angry:
    warranty companies play C.T.B. at your expense (Cover their butts!) :angry:

13. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    tspergin found a van for me to go check out and Loanwizard also has one for me to check out.

I really appreciate it fellas, thanks for keeping your eyes open.

14. SUNDROP

SUNDROP New Member

State:
    Washington
    If you go new and want something cheap and reliable I bought a new 2005 Hyundai Accent with auto and ac for $10,200 and got the 100k warranty. Cant beat a car payment under $250 for a new car!!! Newer Hyundais are MUCH better than the old ones. Same with KIA (actually same company)
    If your looking at minivans stay away from FORD Windstars the trannys are JUNK! And Chryslers with the 3.3 or 3,o v6 have head gasket issues!

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    I would agree with the windstar but not due to the tranny (I have 160K miles and no issues) but I had to have the engine replaced.

16. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    If you think the transmission isn't going into first gear, block the wheels real good and slide underneath while someone shifts into first. If you can see or hear any kind of 'thunk', that probably means it's shifting into first, but slipping. I've had mixed results using a product called TranX; it just depends on how shot the transmission is. I've had it restore the transmission to excellent condition, and also had it have no effect at all.
    I don't know how far you are from Cleveland, but growing up in Chattanooga, I knew several used car dealers who regularly made trips up there to buy fairly late model used cars. They would buy the ones that an experienced eye could see that was going to be showing rust soon, and get them really cheap. Bring them down south and sell them a little under the going price. My next door neighbor made a good living that way.

17. teaysvalleyguy

State:
    GC, OHIO
    It is not going into any gear except reverse. Not even trying from what I feel. There is just nothing there.

Thanks though Jtrew.

18. bilyjojimbob

bilyjojimbob New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I love my wifes 94 Olds 88. Its one of the best ridin cars out there and hers has all the bells and whistles. Just cant seem to convince her to drive my old truck:0a28:

19. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hey tea. you might want to have the tranny rebuilt before you go investing in a new car. unless you just really want a new car. you can probably have your transmission re-built for around 800-1000 dollars. might be a worthwhile investment since you seem to like your car so much. just a though. hope everything works out well for you.

20. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Hey Tea, check with Shawn. He rode to NG1 on his motorcycle. Thinking he runs a used car lot there in Ohio somewhere. Might just make a brother a good deal on a used one.