Team spank em and Crank em..Ohio River 08/01/09

Discussion in 'OHIO RIVERS TALK' started by RiverKing, Aug 2, 2009.

1. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    Well, me and Travis(TBull) hit the river last night to try our luck while the river was up and trees were floating down the river like crazy. Lots of current, lots of debris, and got a litte foggy. It was actually a little bit of a scary night.Anyways, met up with cathunter24 and jbrooks at the ramp, and we all launched and headed out to get bait and fish. Me and Travis didnt have too bad of a night. Ended up with 9 fish. 4 blues, 3 channels, 2 flatheads. Had a 25 lb blue, 22 lb blue, 15 lb blue, and the 3 channels were all around 10 lbs. Here are the pics of the bigger blues that were caught. We also weigh our 5 biggest fish, since thats what we could weigh at a tourny. We had 82lbs with out 5 biggest fish last night.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
  2. Garrett Cope

Garrett Cope New Member

State:
    Columbus Ohio
    Nice catches guys. Glad to see you getting some good fish. Congrats!

3. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    One thing I forgot to mention is, good thing you didnt show up GOLDEN!!!!:wink:

4. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Those are some nice fish!

5. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    No doubt, just a sign of things to come...:wink:

6. CBH

CBH New Member

State:
    WV
    Sounds like a good time!! I wish there was a good "blue" population around my area!

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    The way it looks up like you I wouldnt mind catching those big flatheads either!!! We were talking about that last night seems like real good flathead water up your way...:big_smile:

8. Salmonid

Salmonid New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Nice job guys, we didnt fair as well this morning, should have known it wasnt going to be good fishing when the bait was easy to get...:smile2:

We headed upstream from Schmidt and fished from about 6:30-noon with us trying out 7-8 brand new spots so we were really on a seek and find mission, needless to say, we didnt find too much. Brian ( Fishdealer04) got a decent 12 lb flathead and a 3 lb channel and I got a 5 lb channel and we both missed a few hits, I dont think the 8 or 12 oz sinkers or all the floating trees helped any...In fact, It got worse as the morning went on, then it got really windy and with that cranking current, the wind still pushed the boat upstream a few times. All in all a nice morning and we did find a few spots to scout before the tourney on the 15th but next time maybe the river wont be up 8 feet.....:eek:oooh:

Salmonid

9. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    That river dropped some when you out too. Curtis and I got off the ramp at about 6:30 AM and I could tell it dropped off from when we launched at 8 PM. It was definitely interesting!

10. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Btw, nice fish boys!
    You up and coming catfish kings definitely have the golden rods! :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

11. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

LMAO..LOLOLOL

12. HRCats

HRCats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the catches!! Sounds like you guys had a quite eventful night!

13. JBrooks

JBrooks New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio

Whaaat? :big_smile_2:

14. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Matt forgot to mention missing a fish that most likely would have been the largest ever in the boat...Rod got a quick tap, and then started to go down, and just kept going down, to the point where the tip of his rod was about 6 inches above the water. And these rods are positioned on a rod rack, off the back of the boat. Right about the time Matt fought the rod out of the holder the line broke before we could do anything. I have never in my life seen a rod take that kind of hit before, who knows might be another state record swimming around with an 8ot Gamakatsu Hook in its lip....:sad2:...It was as if the fish never even knew it was hooked and just kept right on going, and no it was not a piece of drift. We were out of the trash line and she was definatley tugging the rod as it went down. Its things like that when they happen that snap you back reality, and make you realize the size of some of these fish that roam underneath our boats everytime we are out...You just never know..:0a32::0a22:

15. Golden

Golden New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Its ok i am back in town now and going out tonight to see what i can do. But we still have to remember im new to having a boat and i don't have a fish finder and don't know how deep im fishing. But we will see how things go tonight.

16. Golden

Golden New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio

HAHAHAHAHA SNAG!!!!!!!

17. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio

Whatever makes ya feel better about yourself....Where did all the smack talk go??? Before you were going to take our money, and now the being new and boat excuses surface???

18. Golden

Golden New Member

State:
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    LOL im still going to talk smack. but im just letting people know im going out there with the bare minimum. All though i did get my rod holder the other day and yes they are on the boat

19. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr

Being new to the river and all in all honesty,and all jokes aside, i would BE REAL carefull out there man. You may want to give it a few days, the river aint no place for newbies right now.And im not joking, im being 100% serious.

20. misterwhisker

misterwhisker New Member

State:
    T. Bowl
    Way to go guys...I really hope you guys can make it happin when it counts and win bunch's of money....reps to both of ya:wink: