Team Smackdown Moultrie 1.3.09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Sunbird, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Spent the day doing what I love!! I took My youngest brother Matthew and good friend Crawford to lake Moultrie for a day of relaxing and fishing. We started the morning off several hours later than anticipated but had rods in the water by 8:30 and Matthew put a #17 Blue in the boat at 9.
    We caught 4.5, 5.5, 11.5 and 14 before the bite seemed to stop. We reeled up and went on a l o n g boat ride. I had some looking to do since this was only the second time I have fished Moultrie. They were patient and gave me time to figure some things out. All the way home last evening they said "Thanks, Take all the time you need"! They both set PB's for Blues. When I figured it out we caught 16 fish in 5 hours. I am still slow with setting up and breaking down drifts. I'm learnin!:eek:oooh:

They caught a 5, 5, 7.5.....then...Smackdown! 40, 25, 23, 24, 38, 30 in two and a half hours! The 40 and 25 were on at the same time, that was fun!
    Between the 24 and 38 Crawford hooked into a GIANT! That fish ran off 180 feet of line from the hook set! We got him within 30 feet of the boat, straight down! After a valient effort the leader gave way to the grinding. It was heart breaking for sure because we had been talking about Darryl's recent catch. 1 minute into the next drift and the 38 was on, it seemed to never end. It slowed as we were exhausted and they made me reel in the last one and it weighed 37! The first picture is of them holding their double "Smackdown" catch (24 and 38). Matthew is on the left and Crawford on the right. Look at those smiles, it made my day!! Second pic is Matthew with the first fish of the day a 17. Last pic is me holding somebody's fish?:roll_eyes:

Attached Files:

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    THAT, my friend, is an AWESOME day!!! WELL done, and reps out to ya!! BTW: EXCELLENT photos!!!!! Double well done!!

Bill in SC

3. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Thanks Bill! When you called we were putting out our first rod and the report of a #51 in the boat got me FIRED UP!!! We gotta go together soon! Here are some more pictures! First pic is me holding two biguns! The last two are picture time and one of me getting slimed! That's for my brother Steveb :wink:, who loves slime! The smallest fish in that pic is #23. This was the begining of our CPR party! All survived and are waiting......

Attached Files:

4. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Great day on the lake. Glad to see it. Congrats. The last time I went we did good early and they shut off like they did with you. How deep did you find them when you got back into them the second time?

5. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Great Job I am glad too see yall put the smackdown on the fish. Know with that being said when are you going to give me those GPS cords.LOL Congrats on a great day.

6. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    The Avatar pic didn't come out so well from rain/mist/fog on camera lens. So I am going to post it here so ya'll can see it.

:smile2::smile2: LOL!!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

Moultrie Blue with a "Smackdown Bling Smile"

Attached Files:

7. martygreen

martygreen Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Rock Hill,S.C.
    Great day on the lake Sunbird,WTG,Moultrie is really spitting out the BIG BOYS lately,glad you guys got on em and had a great day.Team Smackdown just cant be slowed down:crazy::wink:

8. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    What's a GPS? :wink:

9. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    That is definately an awesome day on the water.....Great pics two..thanks for the report!

10. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    I knew when you called me and said" We catch'n um faster than we can throw'em back"" and they all BIG." You were having a blast! Great day and great catch my friend.:wink:

11. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    Way to go. Nice haul.
    Smack down in affect.

12. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Jason, Thanks for the reps! We started catching them 35-45 and they just disapeared off the chart. It happened really quick!!:eek:oooh:

I finally found fish that were "stacked" between 20-35, but no bite. When we were absolutely hammering them it was 18-27. There was another little something we did that made THE difference. I'll have to charge for that nugget!!:eek:oooh::wink:

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <There was another little something we did that made THE difference. I'll have to charge for that nugget!!:eek:oooh:>

I thought the BOC had FREE info. :wink: I thought this was a genuine brotherhood. :smile2: You just wanna ruin the whole concept, you old dog, you!! :wink::smile2::eek:oooh:

Bill in SC

14. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Sorry Bill!!!:embarassed::roll_eyes: We had bait on our hooks................!

NOW EVERYBODY KNOWS, HAPPY NOW?:confused2:

:smile2::smile2:

15. Cgoyette

Cgoyette New Member

State:
    South Caro
    for CPR ing them that is just AWESOME!!!!

Curt

16. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Awsome job Jon! Thanks for the pics. If you're still learnin then they better look out you get it figured out:eek:oooh::wink::smile2::smile2:

17. flying_v_64

flying_v_64 New Member

State:
    NC
    Way to go Team smackdown! Congrats on the haul!:smile2:

18. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 Member

State:
    Central, SC
    That's why they call you "TEAM SMACKDOWN", good job puttin those fish in the boat, reps to ya!!!!:smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2::cool2:

19. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Very nice Sunbird!!! Next time I'll show you a few places on Moultrie. That is if I don't cook my insulin pump on the heater like last time...
    Good job brother!!!
    Jonathan

20. steve_b124

steve_b124 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    Way to go Sunbird. Sounds like I need to doctor your boat up again :wink:- cat repelent painted on the waterline.:eek:oooh: You didn't catch any on those spinning outfits you were trying to sell me did you?:confused2:

God Bless All,
    Steve