Team Smackdown-- Diversification

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by Sunbird, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Team Smackdown was spread out across two states on Saturday and put the smackaroo on several different species of fishes. While braving the cold Preacherfisherman, "little" Preacherfisherman and I went to Clarks Hill to tangle with the Stripers in a tournament put on by CAST, Christian Anglers Striper Trail. I had a blast watching "BIG" Preacher and "little" Preacher work that boat like pro's. This wasn't their first tournament and it was clear they came to win! We trolled away from the boat ramp for almost an hour before the water temp warmed the foot of the motor enough to unfreeze the steering and the water pump. It was COLD this morning! It didn't take long for Tommy and son to find what they came for and it was on! Over all we boated 26 Stripers and Hybrid Bass for the Day. Unfortunately, We didn't win the tourney. :sad2: We were 4oz. short on weight.

ONE 5oz. egg sinker away from.............:eek:oooh::eek:oooh:!

I had a blast with both preachers and hope to be able to fish with them again real soon. If you ever want to get your heart checked by having a stress test done, go fishing with Preacherfisherman. He gets fired up! Pop Pop ain't got nothin on him! LOL!!!

Here are some pics of the crew and catch. Well, atleast the ones we kept.

Attached Files:

2. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    WOW!!! You guys had a slammin day! :smile2::smile2::smile2:

As always when I bring home fish my son, Hayes, wants his picture taken holding them.:wink:
    So, here is Hayes Rambo (aka "little" Sunbird1) holding the fishes. And BAIT? He insisted! :smile2:

Attached Files:

3. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Looks like y'all had a great day! Little Rambo looks READY to go! :wink:

BB in SC

4. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Looks like yall had a great time.

5. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Outstanding job guys.:wink: Congrats on the catch and 2nd place finish.:big_smile:

6. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Congrats on a great job, guys!!!! Whatcha gonna do with all that stripey bait?

7. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    congrats on the great striper catch. looks like the cold weather has got them schooling huh. great job.

8. preacherfisherman

preacherfisherman Member

State:
    SC
    Name:
    Tommy
    Thanks for the fun and fellowship Sunbird, it was good to meet you and fish with you, next time we will have to put the smackdown on some catfish.:big_smile:

9. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Hey Sunbird, is your son small, or that fish actually big?
    Just joking. Congrates on a fine days catch and the second place too!!!

10. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I didn't know where else to put this so Bill helped me out with a nice intro, Thanks Bill!

I took Hayes out Sunday afternoon after church to catch his first catfish. He is only 3 and it was cool and getting colder as the sun went down. He was a tough little "Rambo" fisherman. He said he was ready to go home and we weren't able to land the only bite we had. I drug my feet packing up and prayed a short prayer for him to catch a fish.

About the time I was to start reeling up I saw a twitch! :eek:oooh: "Please, Please, Please be a fish any fish! I said, "Hayes look! I think you got one! See the tip shakin' ?" He hollerd " Smackdown" "Fish On" !! :smile2::smile2::smile2: Pop Pop you would have been proud!! Everyone on the water heard him! He cracked me up!
    He sat in one of the captains chairs and I put the rod between his legs and held it while he reeled! And reeled and reeled 150 yards of reeling! Finally it surfaced and I held the rod as he scampered around to the front of the boat for the net. I let him net his fish and I brought it aboard "Miss Flattie". It was an 11lbs. 7oz. Blue catfish! His first ever catfish of anykind, I almost cried! :wink: We had been talking to this other boat for a while earlier and they witnessed the entire incident and came over to help with pictures and to congratulate Little "Rambo"! I didn't have my camera:sad2::angry::sad2::angry: So we were going to take pictures with the other boats camera and they were going to e-mail them to me. Their camera batteries were dead! :sad2: So, I do have several pictures on my phone camera and am going to figure out how to extract them. So no photo yet! While I was looking for my camera, wich was in the boat, I found it this morning, Hayes was trying to pick up his fish. He was on his knees, with my gloves on trying to bearhug it and stand up. He was covered in slime! It was great!

A prodigy? I hope so! Maybe Sunbird1?

11. zmany2k

zmany2k New Member

State:
    APG, MD
    Not going for the SUNBIRDJR title?

The "SMACKDOWN!" and "FISHON!" were definitely very endearing and oh so "father-like-son." Definitely a kodak/20th century fox moment.

Hopefully my son will get his first Cat next season. His biggest fish to date was a 15lb Mirror carp back in germany.

I had to do the same. hold onto the rod and let him crank on it. though,we were nowhere near 150 yards.

12. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    I figured it out!!:big_smile: They aren't great but they are viewable, at least I know who is hiding under Daddy's jacket! :wink:

I have blue LED lights mounted in my boat, that's why everything looks blue. Thought it might help to explain it before some of you thought we were on a spaceship or something.:smile2::smile2:

It made Daddy proud! :wink:

Attached Files:

13. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Oh, that was what the picture you sent me was. Sorry for the insult earlier, can't see that well remember...
    Congrates Rambo and the same to your son. I remember when my son Russell caught his first fish. Those are the moments. Since then, he has caught the biggest Brim I've ever seen. It would of been hard to put that brim whole in a frying pan. We let it back out of respect for it's size.
    Give me until after the holidays and we can plan to go fishing then around Santee or wherever you want.
    Later,
    Jonathan

14. Mrs. Sunbird

Mrs. Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run, SC.
    Way to go my nesting big and litle birds!

I must admit I was nervous and worried the entire time they were gone.:roll_eyes:
    Hayes thinks Daddy hung the moon now!!!

I am jeleous now! After Jesse is born, mama bird is comming out to play! I can say "Smackdown" too!:eek:oooh::smile2:
    Pop Pop you are a hero in this house! I here the phrase "smackdown, fish-on" no less than 600 times a day! Hayes has called everyone he knows and told his story, when he gets to the hook set he yells smackdown, fish-on! I think he scared some of the older kin folk. :smile2::smile2:
    His other catch phrase he say's is the shrimp words, oh yeah "scrimpies for the catties" Jon had to remind me. Patman is to blame he said!

Glad you all are having fun! Now I must give equal exposure of the boys. Here is a picture of Levi, 16 months, in his halloween get-up. I thought he was precious. Sorry, Sunbird2 not Levi. Ok and one of Hayes, sunbird1, so you can see his face.

Attached Files:

15. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Congrats Sunbird#1 on the nice PB Blue. I'm sure Dad will put ya on many more:wink:.

16. CarolinaCatJack

CarolinaCatJack New Member

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    You couldn't figure it out? He sent me the same pic. And I sent Hayes a message back, didn't I, Jon? :smile2:

17. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    What message? :confused2:

18. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    Now dadgum it.....I replied to you when you sent me the pic the other night. You didn't get it?!?!?!?!

19. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Of course I did! Calm down there Vol feller!:smile2:

20. CarolinaCatJack

State:
    Travelers Rest,
    I'm glad you're down there and I'm up here.....