Team River Cat Moultrie 4-10-09 - 24 pound blue catfish

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rivercatsc, Apr 10, 2009.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Went down to the lake yesterday and fished for about 1/2 day just trying to locate some fish for next week its spring break and I have a few kids to take out next week in search of some big santee cats. Fished shallow but found most of the fish on a heavy dropoff in about 25-30ft deep. The water temps yesterday morning were 58deg but warmed up to 64 by lunch. The bite was real slow matter of fact the big fish of the day was a 24.5lb blue that picked up the bait and swam with the boat for nearlly 5 minutes before pulling the rod down. I just new it was a flathead but turned out not to be. I kept 3 fish to et and 2 of them were full of eggs and I dont mean ready to lay but they had been eating eggs. They were mid teen fish not little fish. All fish that I caught apperred to be females but didnt seem to be ready to lay yet maybe next month.

Attached Files:

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Nice fish! Glad ya got to finally get out and fish James. Thanks for the report and what time we eating them fish.:roll_eyes:

3. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Way to go Team Rivercat!!:wink: Thanks for the pic and report!!

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    I tried to call you today a little after noon, I guess, but didn't get an answer; was wondering if you were coming or going... The boat was still hooked to your truck when I went by. Thanks for the report. Spoke with BillinSC earlier today, and they were having some success on the river, but I'll let him file a full report tomorrow. :smile2:
    I had planned to try them on the lake tomorrow, but the wind looks 'iffy' right now.

5. WylieCat

WylieCat Well-Known Member

State:
    NC
    Good report man!!

How is the bite gonna be May 2nd on the Pee Dee?

6. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    The bite on the Pee Dee is on fire right now. May 2nd tournament is at Santee at Blacks Fish Camp not Pee Dee. Pee Dee Tournament is on April 25th.:wink:

7. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    where are yall launching on the 25th James?

8. scwolf

scwolf Member

State:
    South Carolina
    nevermind....just looked on your site