Team River Cat Lake Moultrie 2-9-09

Discussion in 'SOUTH CAROLINA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by rivercatsc, Feb 9, 2009.

1. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Well I got back on the water again today and it was a great day. I worked a 12 hour shift last night and when I got home I hooked up and me and a buddy headed for Moultrei. We put in and was fishing by about 10:30am and fished till 5pm. We put 200+lbs(12) of fish in the boat drifting cut gizzard shad in about 50ft of water. The water temp was around 46deg and there was NO current in the canal today when we got there and when we left. We caught a 39lb 6oz blue for the big fish and had 6 over 20lbs and the rest were dinks for the most part. All in all a beautiful day on the water and I think I will try them at night on Thursday.

Attached Files:

2. pop pop

pop pop New Member

State:
    Lake Green
    Awesome!:wink: Congrats on the great catch. I'm hoping to head that way before long.

3. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Sounds like good day James, glad yall got em

4. bruce edmunds

bruce edmunds New Member

State:
    southcarolina
    thanks for the report.james nice catch sounds like yall had a good time

5. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 New Member

State:
    Central, SC
    Thanks for the report. Looks like yall had a great day, I am headed down there this Friday and Saturday.:cool2:

6. lakemoultrieblues

lakemoultrieblues Member

State:
    SC
    I knew I should have been down there today.LOL Thanks for the report James.

7. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Good job James! I want to head down there shortly. When you going back?
    Jonathan

8. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    What a great day on the water. Congrats on the good mess of fish. Thanks for sharing.

Tom

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Thanks for the report, sounds like a great day fishing! Good luck in the future

10. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    I am thinking about trying out the night time bite thursday night.

11. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Very nice catch!! NOW WHAT WERE THOSE COORDINANTS?:confused2::confused2:

I'll be down there on Saturday with a fellow Brother from the upstate. I would say who it is but they may not want to be seen with one of the Smackdown crew!!:eek:oooh: We are notorious!! :smile2::smile2:

12. JKrupp

JKrupp New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the great day. I am getting really pumped for our trip down there in two weeks, especially after reading a good fishing report and seeing some pics of some nice fish.

13. bearfrog1

bearfrog1 New Member

State:
    Mount Pleasant,
    Notorious, yes and don't forget crazy too...
    You got room for one more?

14. Foxhound

Foxhound New Member

State:
    Georgia
    James
    I hope the night time bite for you thursday night is better than the daytime bite was Tues and Wed for us. The best bite we got was the from the brown pelican that I talked my younger brother in to trying to hand feed...........got a good hard gut laugh out of that one. Amazing what a man will do after a few beers. We drifted all over big clouds of bait marking plenty of fish but they just wouldnt bite. Spent a few hours out with Roundhill Wed. and we managed to boat one before the winds from hell blew in. Called it quits when four big socks wouldnt slow the boat enough to fish. His motor started acting up but it got us back in the canal before
    it went into the safe mode and had to idle back. Hope it insnt anything serious, Im sure hes all over it today

15. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Thanks Ken but I think we are going to call off the night trip due to the high winds. I will be back on the next week though.

16. Buckedup

Buckedup New Member

State:
    NC
    Nice pig!

17. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Call off a fishing trip?:crazy: :0a4:!!!!!!

18. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Nice trip, James! Hope to get out on the water soon to try out my new Eagle 502c unit.

Bill in SC

19. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    James, that is an awesome trip! Congratulations on your success and nice picture of the big fish.

20. D.lundin

D.lundin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Dont have a pontoon boat just a bass tracker pro17 any suggestions.:confused2: