Team Nutroll.........signing off

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, May 9, 2009.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Well folks, it didn't turn out well. Despite better judgement -- due to pressures of an impending baby, Pearl relocation and bluecat spawn.......we trudged forward and decided to participate in the riverbend tourney.

We fished a few spots and the old motor got to a point where we weren't comfortable with it. The weird noise turned into 'a motor slipping' so we called it quits and idled back to the ramp. Fortunately, we made it back so it kind of felt like a victory. On the positive side, I know it's not the powerhead--- at least I hope this is positive.

Anyway, it was a bit surreal as I know this will be the last trip for a while -- at least until the wife rids herself of this creature growing inside of her and the kitty's quit the spawning. In the meantime, I'll get the boat back in shape.

However, word on the street was that there will be some impressive weights as some folks were all over them....... Not for us however. I'm going to mow the yard now.

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Hope all goes well with the baby and the motor too Greg.

3. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    Good luck Greg. I was there for part of the weigh in. I talked to Bill, he got skunked. i left about 3:45 the biggest one I seen was 84 lb and it was a monster.:big_smile:

4. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    I fished last night from about 8 PM to 4 AM with one 12 lb. fish to show for it. :roll_eyes: A couple people were just showing up at the ramp for the tourney when we were pulling the boat out of the water. I'm curious to see what was brought to the scales.

Sorry about the boat troubles Greg.

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Yessir, best of luck with both.

6. stump jumper

stump jumper New Member

State:
    illinois
    i would have to say it was a very successful tourny today it has been a while since i have seen a over all like today 5 fish limit from most of the field as we weighed a lot of big fish, this tourny was filmed by riverbender.com and will probly be available by mid to later this week,

7. hillbilly25002000

hillbilly25002000 New Member

State:
    missouri
    sorry about the problems hope all goes well having an old boat i know how bad it stinks when ur havin fun the problems arise and the funs over good luck

8. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    Greg we had a day of nothing but NUTROLL'S it seemed like.I new I shouldn't have sook your hand that morning,you gave me NUTROLL sydrum.

9. catfishchris

catfishchris Active Member

State:
    missouri
  10. eflow

eflow New Member

State:
    IL.
    Greg if you ever get a free min. in the next 2 months or any other time and want to a line just give me a call. Good luck!

11. Stl-Stitch

Stl-Stitch New Member

State:
    Saint Charles, MO
    I am glad you to see you made it back safe and thanks for the Skips.

12. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Greg...first of all, best of luck to you and your wife with the upcoming birth of your child! Enjoy all the sleep you can get cause you won't be doing much of it through the night! LOL!!

Second...you have my number...you EVER want to go, give me a call...I have suffered from numerous NUTROLL events in the past and have become acustomed to them...so with you in the boat will be like having STITCH in the baot!! LOL!!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

Seriously though...give me a call or text anytime you want to go

13. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Greg, no worries on taking a break from the "rolls". We all have to do it from time to time. Your about to take on the toughest job you'll ever love and that is certainly the highest priority. I trust you will keep us up to date, and show the pics of the little man when he's born. Once things settle down for you, I'm sure you'll have the itch to wet a line this summer when were 'nutrollin' some big ol HOGS> :wink::smile2: