Team Nutroll has a working boat at our disposal

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by TN Greg, Jun 15, 2009.

1. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I haven't picked it up yet, but I got the call that all is in working order. They had to replace the lower unit...the cost was $1,800. Not pleasant, but cheaper than the $3K originally quoted (thanks for the tip Grumper).

Hopefully, we can get back on the water in the near future. I hate that we missed this crazy bite the past few weeks. Actually, it pisses me off considering all of the time Pearl and I put in during the miserable days this winter. Oh well, guess I should have planned the procreation a little better.

Anyway, I may be able to steal a trip or two in the near future (doubtful), but by late July and August I should be at full tilt.

My plan is to not let the wife know that the blue cats are spawning. I will come home and talk about how Stlcatman is continuing to whack'em and stack'em, but then explain that I would like to stay at home and help at least for the next month before I take a night on the river -- building up as much marital equity that I can. Does this make sense? All suggestions would be appreciated....

Btw Ryan, please continue to post on the other boards. Your threads provide some great reading when the boy refuses to shut his eyeballs at 3am. Perhaps you should target turkey hunters who shoot birds on the roost or even deer hunters who use crossbows on golf courses. If you find that this doesn't generate enough hate and you really want to stir the pot, you may want to suggest outlawing guns in general -- like China.

2. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Oh, that reminds me of a great deer hunting debate one time: Tailgate up or down?

3. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Greg if you really want excitement throw your hat in the ring up there.:smile2:

Oh and nice whack em and stack em word play.:smile2:

4. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Keep whackin him Greg. What with peein in the wind and talkin to fence posts he is gettin a little woosy. Wont take much more to finish him off. :wink::smile2::smile2::smile2:

5. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    What are you guys talkin' bout? I must have missed something really good! Ryan, whatcha do? :big_smile:

6. stlcatman

stlcatman New Member

State:
    Imperial, MO
    Stirrin the pot up in the Missouri talk section.

7. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    I'm still trying to figure out if the thread is legitimate. :roll_eyes: It's hard to believe really.

I might get on there and input my two cents.

8. Nessie

Nessie New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Greg,
    If you get involved in that thread, there is no doubt that things will get out of hand. They won't know what to think of you.:wink:

9. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    If this baby doesn't stop crying, I'll never get on there.

10. TN Greg

TN Greg Member

State:
    MO
    Thanks for nothing fellas. Somebody should have warned me it was a bit too soon to bring up fishing the tourney this weekend. :angry:

That was a fairly unpleasant conversation. At this rate, I'll get to hit the river in the spring of 2011. Unbelievable............

11. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    ahhhh one of the many joys of parenting--
    Something I have no first hand Knowledge of

12. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    Put you're foot down,son.Don't ask her,tell her you're goin' fishin'!If she gets a bluff on you now,it'll never end.Can you tell my wife ain't home while I write this?:big_smile:Oops,gotta go.Wife's home.Gotta get the groceries.:wink:

13. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    <Put you're foot down,son.Don't ask her,tell her you're goin' fishin'!If she gets a bluff on you now,it'll never end.>

Said jokingly, but THAT'S what I do 97.3% of the time! It's not like you would be leaving her ALONE! :wink::smile2::big_smile:

Bill in SC

14. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    It will get better Greg. Ya just got to keep saying that to yourself, over and over and over again :smile2:

If it makes you feel any better, the second ones are always easier :wink:

You'll get your kitchen pass soon. I wouldnt be in a big hurry. I got a feeling the fishin is doin its normal June slowdown anyway.

15. BEHITJ

BEHITJ New Member

State:
    Wentzville
    And the up & down water dosen't help either:angry:.

16. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    nope, sure doesnt. I always use June to order new line and respool all of my reels, and get my gear in tip top shape for the summer and fall season. Gives me some time to catch up on honey does and reorder my terminal tackle I'm low on. Come July, Aug, Sept, Oct and Nov, its big kitten time. :wink:

17. olejer

olejer New Member

State:
    Herculaneum Mo.
    Yea WE might need some more Stuff

18. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    LMAO. Ok Jer. what do you need stuff for? You havnt caught a fish yet so you should be ok with your starter kit I gave you. :smile2:

19. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    So, let me see if I have this right. I went out last Sunday and caught several, even if they were small. However, Cuz can't catch a fish in June?
    Ok, lets get this fishoff matchup going!!!!!!!!!:wink:

20. Dredge

Dredge Member

State:
    Arnold,Missouri
    He's caught fish,baitfish.Take his cast net away and see how he does.:wink: