Team Gateway New Madrid Results

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by Mr Okie, Sep 27, 2009.

1. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    I was wondering how the Gateway guys done this weekend.
    I spoke with Nanner yesterday around 3:00 pm and they had five fish but nothing that was huge. I am not sure who Nanner was fishing with but I am wondering how the rest of our guys done.

So some one give us a report on Russ, Nanner, Grumper, Ryan and my hero Swampy...:big_smile: :big_smile: :big_smile:

2. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    None were in the money. Grump took 9th with 56 lbs. Thats all I have heard except that Phil King didnt get more than 10lbs.

3. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Team Gateway

Rusty weighed 62 I think and placed 8th or 9th. I think lol
    he had a 41 pound pig in that total.

Grump and I weighed 55 pounds an were 10 or 11th I think.

The Great Squampy and Punkin caught one fish which weighed 10 or 11 pounds and chose not to chase it around the livewell with a dipnet lmao

There were 3 boats that whacked the fish good and it went downhill fast from there. Hayes and Grogan were predicted to win, and they did with 163 pounds I think. Learns and Edwards got second place with 161 pounds, and, get this they had a 47 pound fish die on them or they would have had a 200 pound limit. Out of 30 boats, 25 would tell ya it was a bad bite. Goes to show ya though, somewhere on any given day the kittens will cooperate.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2009
  4. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    I think there was some hanky panky going on if Sir Swampy only caught one fish. You didn't slip a Nanner in his boat did you...:angry: :angry: :angry:

5. Cuz

Cuz New Member

State:
    DeSoto, MO
    Nope no nanner shenanigans were parlayed onto the swamp craft lol they fished down near Caruthersville. I didn't here of one boat that did well up that way. I think the 3 boats that whacked the fish were all fishn the same area a few miles north of the boat ramp.

6. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Results are posted on the King Kat thread

7. Mr Okie

Mr Okie New Member

State:
    Okla/Texas
    Yes they are Bob but there ain't no Gateway Guys listed....:big_smile: :big_smile:

I did see a picture of Russ holding a pig....:cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

8. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo

that because i never catch any fish, i nailed one Friday at the same spot i got the 41 sat. i didn't weight the fish fish but it was a fifty + fish. i think the forth place team fished down south. sat. morn. i went up river about 12 miles set up on a drift, we didn't go but a few hundred yards and smack i had the 41 in the boat. i thought we were in for a good day. made many drifts up there and nothing, so i made the trip back down to new Madrid then went 8 miles down stream, with a hour to go we put to more small fish in the boat and that was it 63# and 7-8th place finish. i knew that some big weights would make it to the scales and the area that i have been fishing has been holding a lot of 25+ fish but with the 10ft rise in the river they had moved out on me. as always it good to see a lot of my old buddies and e1 from up there. as far as the field of fishermen what a high caliber , there was no easy teams out there. just about every top notch team was there, now its over, im in classic mode, i want one more crack at those guys this yr.:wink: