Team Catfish Rods

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by Frog Legs, Nov 25, 2009.

1. Frog Legs

Frog Legs New Member

State:
    Illinois
    How do you like your Team Catfish Rods?

2. shaky

shaky Member

State:
    smithville mo
    the team catfish rods to me look great i just dont want to drop $99 on one.

3. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Luv 'em!!!:wink:

4. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    agreed, always wanted to use one but $99 is too much for a rod in my opinion. Hell I always thought Abu reels were overpriced, I bought one for $100 and dont get me wrong I love that reel but I will never pay $100 for a reel again unless I hit the lottery. But back to the rod. If they dropped to maybe $60 I would buy one or two. Sorry about hijacking your thread.

5. biga

biga Well-Known Member

State:
    evansville
    there are much better rods out there much cheaper!!!! one of my fishin buddies has the team catfish rods and loved them untill he got in my boat and used something different now he throws rocks at them!!:smile2: surge rods are great and cheaper.... catfish safari rods are good and also cheaper ... but i have been wanting to try a tangling with catfish rod.... i hear they are really good rods and are the cheapest of the 3 i just mentioned.... as far as the team catfish rods they lood and feel feel about the same in my hand as the $20 southbend muddville rods i got for my kids to use....:confused2:

6. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    Well i have 5 1-tons i use for all areas of catfishing. They are built well with all stainless steel eyes. I have used them for several months now & have been well pleased with there performance. They really set the hook good with the 8/0 teamcatfish hooks & i like the pistol - grip they dont slide in your hands. Teamcatfish also stands by their products 100% which means a lot now days. Yes you can buy a cheaper rod but will it last? Take a beating? Stand up to big fish on a consistant basis? We pay 100.00 + for reels mostly +:eek:oooh::tounge_out: so 99.00 for quality & craftsmanship & the guarntee is well worth it. Plus if i remember right FREE Shipping day is coming up in december:wink: We will be taking 10 of the 1-tons to Lake Tawakoni in Tx this week for a work out on one of the premier blue catfish lakes in the U.S.A. Will post a report next week.

7. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Good luck in Texas

8. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Im very intersted in trying a TWC Rod but Im going by BPS today and got a feeling Im gonna get something else for my 7000i

9. mankind

mankind New Member

State:
    ashland ky
    i got 2 1-tons paired with 7000cs haven't had a chance to use them yet:wink: