Team Catfish Hooks

Discussion in 'Terminal Tackle Review' started by MAX1955, Apr 9, 2008.

1. MAX1955

MAX1955 New Member

State:
    KENTUCKY
    I just got some team catfish hooks, this will be my first time using circle hooks. I'll be using them on two of my setups. I also got some sinker slides.

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Good luck on the hooks I love circle hooks

3. brad kilpatrick

brad kilpatrick New Member

State:
    Kansas City
    You'll be pleased you bought the absolute best hooks on the market

4. kmcalester

kmcalester Active Member

State:
    Kansas City
    I have a ton of luck on this hook, I haven't evening got snagged yet. They must be good luck.

5. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    i gotta question about these, i have some i bought for drifting and i love them, but it is double action right?
    does that mean u can set the hook with them?
    i have tried it and not set the hook into anything yet, but if i just let it work itself it hooks up.
    It is just the short bites that drive me nuts that i just set on after about 5 mins.

6. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Yes they are double action. A more of a sweeping action either side ways or over the head is best. Although I have hooked fish with one of them hank there head off hook sets. The more slow sweeping motion works best.

7. HOLD-ACCOUNT

HOLD-ACCOUNT New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Do not be afraid to set the hook with the DOUBLE ACTION catfish hook as long as you use the proper method. A long powerful sweep above your head is the answer. Imagine a rainbow above your head and set the hook like the arc of the rainbow. Its very deadly.

Also you can burn the reel very fast to set the hook. This works best while the rod is still in the rodholder. Just keep in mind that you have to reel fast until the fish is hooked then another couple fast cranks usually does the job. I really like this method the best but some fellas just like to set the hook!:wink:

8. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    what i wanna know is how good that barb is at keeping the bait from floping around and rehooking its self instead of the fish:angry: because that cost us some fish today:angry:

9. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    Pretty darn good. It is not a 100% fix but real darn close too it.

10. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Me and Big Sam have been using them and we also like the fast reel while leaving the rod in the holder method. Hook up rate has been in the high 90% range with that method.
    Also have been testing the secret seven dip bait that Jeff sells and have had favorable results with it as well.

11. uttatoo

uttatoo New Member

State:
    greatbend kansas
    same thing here yesterday i had big hit and let the hook do its thing and when my line went limp i picked up my rod to c what would happen and nothing so i reeled in and found my hook had gone back into my bullhead and he was very foamy like the flaty had swollowed him whole am i doing something wrong or does this just happen 6/0 hook and a 6inch bullhead right in the middle of the tail and on top is where he was hooked any help would be appriciated

12. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    seems like it just happens some times. when using live bait i will usually hook um in the head, with a bull head id hook him in the mouth and out the top.

13. Junior42

Junior42 New Member

State:
    Catlettsburg, KY
    I use team catfish double action circle hooks. I love em.