Teal

Discussion in 'LOCAL KANSAS TALK' started by tmramrod91, Sep 8, 2009.

1. tmramrod91

tmramrod91 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Anyone going out for Teal opener on Saturday?

Steve and I are gonna go out at Mcpherson and try out luck, despite being big time novices :smile2:

West KC/Lawrence/Lecompton area people...is there any water in the Clinton/Perry marshes?

Went and scouted MDC last night and there is NO water at all down there except for in G. They're not pumping till big duck either, bastards.

2. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Nope. Goin to the gathering.
    Bet we have more fun than you.:wink::smile2:

3. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    was supposed to but savin money for the gathering. not many birds for early teal anyway.

4. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Kevin Good luck on your teal hunt.
    If your a new waterfowl hunter just make sure you can identify your birds.
    Early teal season can be tricky if you dont know your birds.
    Jst remember teal will not be flying in a straight line.They will be darting up and down real quik.
    Listen for their little beeping sounds but not like a wood ducks whistle.The biggest mistake hunters make on early teal season is shooting woddies for teal because they are about the same size and fly about like teal.

There are some BIG birds down here but I did see about 200 teal at Perry last weekend.

5. tmramrod91

tmramrod91 New Member

State:
    kansas
    Ya I've hunted them before, they are some tricky little things. McPherson has been reporting a lot of big ducks in the area, so we'll be real careful on our shot selection....Steve needs em to get nice and close anyways so he has a chance of hitting one :smile2: (note I'm not much better, if at all, than him haha)

I dont know Kyle, Steve and I will be up at 3 am to go set up, then a wedding that night, then rinse repeat...sounds like a pretty good time to me.

Cheyenne bottoms has tons of teal as usual, but I'm guessing mostly locals. Just hope the weather gets some of em in the area. Will just be good to get the waders nasty again and enjoy the sunrise.

6. channelin

channelin New Member

State:
    Baldwin City Kansas
    I was at clinton thursday eveing and the marshes looked empty to me. Good luck saturday Im still in dove hunting mode:big_smile:

7. smhmc6

smhmc6 Member

State:
    Kansas
    Say what you want about my shooting, Kevin. But wait till I get MY shotgun in my hands. I swear your barrel is bent or something... wasn't shooting straight thats for sure :smile2:.

8. River Outlaw

River Outlaw New Member

State:
    Topeka, Kansas,
    THANKS TOM !! :angry::smile2::smile2::smile2:

9. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    :smile2::smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. n2fishn

n2fishn New Member

State:
    Topeka,Kan
    Thought i would get some kind of reply from JJ:smile2::smile2:

11. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    i dont know what kind they were but i had about 2 dozen fly over me at the river doing mach 5 and they looked and SOUNDED like a B-2 bomber iv never heard sutch a noise from birds:eek:oooh::eek:oooh::eek:oooh::crazy::cool2: