Teal Thread

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by IL Hunter, Sep 10, 2006.

1. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Yesterday was our Teal season opener. It could not have been any better. They were screaming by us before shooting time, and even after shooting time we just watched them fly for a few minutes then decided to fire at will. We had our 4 limits by 7:30. This morning wasn't quite as good. We got 4 more limits, but it took until about 9:30.

Anyone else shooting Teal?

2. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sounds like today was tough sleding! Congrads on the 2 day hunt.

3. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    man good hunting
    didnt try teal as i dont realy have any spots but am glad to hear you did good
    shoot many geese or dove?
    probably in another thread im about to look in the hunting section

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    I havent had the chance to shoot any doves, I'm pretty much waterfowl obsessed, but doves are a sporty shoot. I haven't killed any geese this year, and haven't really seen any flying my way. Yesterday I saw one group of about 15, but they were way off and way high. I probably won't get a chance to shoot geese until the regular season opens up.

When we were after Teal I saw quite a few Pintails and Woodies, and a pair of shovelers. I seriously can't wait until the season starts.

5. quackkillsduxs

quackkillsduxs New Member

State:
    madison mississippi
    when will teal start makin there way south cuz i live in ms and our season opens friday and i was plannin on hunting? do you have to have teal decoys or can you just use mallard decoys and what do you like to hunt over

6. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    We hunt over mostly teal decoys, and there are a few other odd duck decoys in there, and quite a few geese. It was pretty neat we saw some other big ducks and would call at them a little and they would decoy, I can't wait until we can shoot them. The teal should be pushing south right now. We got a little drop in temperature and they are sensitive birds.

Teal will make you see how good of a shot that you really are!

7. quackkillsduxs

quackkillsduxs New Member

State:
    madison mississippi
    yea i have killed teal while hunting big ducks just never only teal hunt. what do they like flooded fields or woods

8. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    They like water. We were hunting in a flooded silt basin, during regular season we usually kill a lot of teal too in flooded corn and bean fields.

9. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    This what ya'll are lookin' for? [image]http://www.ehunter.com/trophy_pics/3949.jpg[/image] God bless.

10. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
  11. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
  12. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
  13. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
  14. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
  15. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
  16. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
  17. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Those pics remind me of opening weekend! This morning woodies were dropping in from everywhere, but didnt shoot a single teal.

18. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri
    Glad I'm hunting them right now and not filming Phil and the Duckmen down in Louisiana!!!!!!!!! They've shot one lost teal in 3 days of hunting!!!!!!!!! Unbelievable. We are COVERED up in teal here in Missouri. God bless.

19. ASASIN

ASASIN New Member

State:
    Lawson Missouri