Teal hunting

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by Mi11er, Sep 8, 2007.

1. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Well, It is 4:05 opening morning for teal, I am getting ready to leave and I am stoked. I don't think that there are many birds around but, I think that there is enough to make a good hunt. Well that is unless the bugs carry me away:wink:.

2. Capt_Culver

Capt_Culver New Member

State:
    Ohio
    How did you do?

3. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Well I didn't do very well at all. We didn't see alot of birds and the ones we did see were not even close. We were hunting public land in mid Missouri that is the premire waterfowling in the state, just not this weekend. We did see some deer that we are already planning to hunt and just setting out the dekes felt good. I hope that everybody else had a better weekend. My brother in Kansas had a great weekend said that the birds were thick and they limited out both days.

4. zmoon

zmoon New Member

State:
    Missouri
    We made it out opening morning as well. Fortunatley we got into alot of birds, but unfortunately for me I couldnt hit a thing. I am blaming it on that i belive my shotgun pattern shoots a donut for a spread. haha

5. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i dont really like chasin' ducks when it is hot outside...

but, about 3:00a.m. i was out giggin flounder on the delta and the race was on. you wouldve thought the indy 500 had just started after seeing all the duckers running out to the blinds. i personally have'nt seen a many birds this year. but, i talked to 2 different guys who said that they were shootin' limits in the delta. good luck to yall.

6. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    our teal season don't start till the 15th, and i have to work a 7 day week that week. the season is only 8 days long, so if i don't go the last day on no sleep, i'm out for teal till the general duck season opens in november.:sad2:

7. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl

HA! A DONUT patterned shotgun. Thats funny! I think I used to have one of those. LMAO!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

8. rodenberg

rodenberg New Member

State:
    missouri
    I was seeing alot of teal but they seem to have moved out over the last few days. did talk to a friend that killed his 4 yesterday

9. fat_fish55

fat_fish55 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yea we went out saturday evening and sunday morning
    shot about 30 ducks and got about 500 mosquito bites
    still a fun time
    challenging shots