Teaching The Boys Catch and Release

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by Double L, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Double L

Double L New Member

State:
    Mo
    while cleaning the cats we had caught over the weekend the 17# was afemale that still had eggs, looking at the 20# we caught I am pretty sure that it is a female that still has eggs, I told my 11 year old that I thaught we should take it back to the river and let her go, he replied sure that way maybe she will lay her eggs and then there will be more fish to catch in the future, and we have plenty of fish to eat anyways. I am very proud that he thinks that way.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Tell the young man he just made alot of fishermen proud. Pat him on the back for me.:wink:

3. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Congrats to all of you for making a good decision. Its good to see the boys learning well at an early age. Thanks.

4. jimmykemper

jimmykemper New Member

State:
    Sturgeon, Misso
    ya, my son didnt want to release his bass tonight but he shure likes to let all my bait fish go. hes only 3 and loves big fish. he names them and loves to play with them. he told me he was letting the little fish go home to there mommies. so i told him that we had to let the bass go because she was the little fishes mommie.... it worked