Teaching my buddy to flyfish this morning.

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing' started by buddah, Jul 26, 2006.

1. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    My friend Tom Packer is going out this morning with me to learn how to flycast. I have been showing him correct posturing and grip and now it's time for the forward cast and back cast. we practiced yesterday just drifting wet flies down river and nailing those creek chubs! I knew that would give him the itch! I teach him in the mornings and we go cat fishing in the evening! We're taking a week to "fish the river out!" LOL. Wish us luck. Its kinda chilly cause the creek runs off the maountain and you all know how cold that water can be! BRRRR. Have to dig out my insulated waders maybe! Well just wanted to share that with you, Should get moving before the trout do! See ya.

2. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Good Luck,hope you all do good!!!

3. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Have fun, stay warm, and be carefull of that rookie fly fisherman.

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Oh Yea,CONGRATS on getting the Star!!!!!

5. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    Well, I'm impressed! He only caught me with a flyhook once! LOL! We had a great time and he's getting pretty solid on his casting too but I wish he would not use so much wrist and a little less line out but that will all mend itself with time and practice. I needed a flyfishing buddy and noone around here is ever available...they're always bass fishing.... grrr which is fine but there are so many trout streams and creeks it's almost manditory to know how to flyfish here! Welp The good news is we caught a few channel cats last night and a bullhead all around 20 inches or better so it was a great night afterall! As for the star, I decided that it was time to donate to the BOC for all the great friends and advice I get here! Thanks everyone, Your great!