Tea has given me an inspiration

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Wil, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    not only am i gonna try and get as much rep as he has, i am also gonna lose the weight i gained over the summer! at the beginning of the summer i weighed 120 pounds and now im up to 167, thats too much weight to gain in 90 days! we just got a tredmill (moms idea) so im gonna run on that for 30 minutes everyday on a 10.0 incline at the 5 speed, i am also gonna drink a bottle of water everyday and cut down my moutain dew consumption down to one can every 3 days, im gonna eat healthier and hopefully i will lose that 47 pounds so i will be back at my old self!

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Brother you sure need to find a better role model. LMAO

3. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    good luck on your diet but your placing to much importance on rep points.

4. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Wil,
    Unless you have been living on doughnuts and Big Macks over the summer and know where that weight came from you should check with your doctor. Half a pound plus per day is some serious gain. Be careful...W

5. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i know but i like them

6. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i already went and they didnt know for sure what was wrong but they strongly recomended that i lost the weight

7. minnies_moocher

minnies_moocher New Member

State:
    Coldspring, Texas
    Good luck on your weight loss. It is so much easier to gain than lose. Just hand in and stick to it.:lol:

8. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    At 16, some of that is probably due to maturation (muscle synthesis due to increased testosterone). 47 pounds in 90 days is a bit much, especially considering that you started at 120. I would definitely incorporate weight lifting along with your cardio. Feel free to contact me any questions that you might have. BTW - my Master's is in Exercise Physiology.

9. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    To bad I didn't know yesterday about the rep. points I told them to take mine. Had I known I would have ask the staff to give them to you.

10. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    :cry: dang it! that woulda really helped!

11. dreamer34

dreamer34 New Member

State:
    danville virginia
    good luck on the weight loss...I lost 40 lbs over the summer now down to 230lbs but now gonna relax a little

12. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hang in there brother,weight loss is difficult,trust me I should know I still need to lose some. Let us know your progress!--------------pk powell:big_smile:

13. Taliesin

Taliesin New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I wish I weighed 160!!

I've been sitting at about 120 for the last 22 years.

If I did gain that much weight though, I would have to make sure that it is a good mix of muscle and fat.

14. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Wil, I thought that happened to all teenage boys. Are all your jeans a few inches short and your shoes all to small? You may just be a growing boy.

ST

15. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    lol no, i hit my growth spurt when i was 14, i grew a foot in 2 years! this is just regular gainin weight cuz i only grew about an inch.

16. BamaCats Lady

BamaCats Lady New Member

State:
    Luverne, Alabama
    Wil,
    just be careful, don't try to lose the weight too fast, you can aggrivate your gall bladder. & I'd hate to hear about you having GB surgery!
    Good Luck! Keep us posted!
    Lisa

17. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    will do, i will keep u all posted

18. alands94

alands94 Active Member

State:
    Lebanon, I
    1) How tall are you?
    2) Are you involved in athletics?

Based on your current weight (167#) and your starting weight (120#), let's shoot for 140#. (Unless you are really short, 120# might mean you were alittle underweight to begin with).

Based on these stats, I would recommend 2000 k/cal per day to reach and maintain a healthy 140#, broken down as follows:

Protein - 1 gram per #. Therefore, 140 grams per day. 1 gram of protein = 4 calories. 140 x 4 = 560 calories/day of protein. Sources of protein: any red meats (including deer!), fish, chicken, pork, eggs, milk, etc.

Carbohydrates - 2 grams per #. 140 # x 2 = 280 grams per day. 4 calories per gram x 280 grams = 1120 calories per day from carbohydrates. Sources of carbohydrates: pasta, rice, potatoes, veggies, fruits, etc. Try to avoid simple sugars and choose whole wheat versions of foods if possible.

Fat - a lot of people think all fat is bad, which is not true. Fat is important for storing vitamins, producing hormones, and metabolizing other fats. I recommend .3 gram of fat per #. .3 x 140 = 42 grams per day. There are 9 calories per gram of fat, therefore 42 x 9 = 378 calories per day from fats. Best sources include fish (especially salmon), nuts (especially almonds), and flax seed oil.

As far as how many times you should eat each day, it depends. Generally, the more often you eat the better. Don't be too strict - allow yourself to enjoy that ONE slice of pizza, ONE Big Mac, or ONE soda from time to time. Also be sure to listen to your body. If you don't lose weight, cut back on your carbs. If you are dropping weight too fast (more than 2# per week) and feel tired, up your carbs a bit. Let me know if you ever need advice. Keep us posted on your results!

19. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Ok, lets try this one

1) How tall are you? 5'10"
    2) Are you involved in athletics? Does lifting the remote count?
    3) Weight 350#'s

#2 (my 10 y/o daughter)
    1) How tall are you? about 5'4:
    2) Are you involved in athletics? Rides bike about 30 mins a day
    3) Weight = 155#'s

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated

20. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Hope not, have lost 83#'s in 15 weeks. LMAO Guess that would just be some more weight loss. LMAO