TC's Gorilla mounts and rings?

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by bootshowl, Oct 9, 2007.

1. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I'm gonna put a Bushnell 1.5-4.5 scope on my Omega. Saw at WallyWorld, they have "Gorilla" scope mounting sets, with the TC logo on em for $20. Seems like a really good price, but they fit several different model guns besides TC Omega. Also they have "see thru", that I thought might be a good idea, for the same price.
    Any advice or experience appreciated. This will be my first scope on anything but rimfire. Trying to help with the failing eyesight. Already got the scope. Just need to proceed with the mounting. Was hoping maybe someone was familiar with them, or had some useful advice. Thanks.

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Boots,
    That low 1.5 power scope you have will make your eye go to center of target everytime. Forget the see thru. The see thru's put the scope eye piece way up high so your cheek is not naturally mounted on the stock,(At least for me anyway),:smile2:.

Its all reflex. Watch your target with your tired old man eyes,:wink:, as you put the gun to your shoulder. When the gun hits your shoulder and you look in the scope, low and behold you are looking at the same thing as before with eyes only. Our brains are the best computer there is. I bet lickeddysplit you will be hitting running deer with a rifle.

3. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    [/I]

I agree. High Rise mounts also get knocked out pretty easy. Go with the low mounts and you'll be fine.

4. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Hey Gary, the reason the mounts fit multiple guns is that several guns have the same hole pattern. I think I mentioned it in another post, but I've got the same rifle as you do. I got the leupold quick detatch mounts and rings for mine. I discovered that the Omega is alot easier to clean with the scope off of it. Using these mounts and rings I can have my scope off in less than 5 seconds, and back on in the same time. It doesn't loose it's zero either. There are other brands also that do the same thing, but not sure if they make them to fit our model of muzzle loader.

5. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    Thanks guys, time ta "get er done".
    :big_smile: