TC Encore

Discussion in 'Hunting Gear Talk' started by zmoon, Sep 27, 2007.

1. zmoon

zmoon New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Who all shoot an encore? I recently got an encore earlier this year, and I am planning on purchasing a 300 win mag barrel for it. Anyone have any opinions about this

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Buying barrels is an addiction. I have a 50 caliber black powder, 300 whisper, 204 ruger, 270 win. I sold a 7 mm rem mag. toooooooo much kick. I bet the 300 Win Mag will sting good. I bought a special recoil pad from Sims. "Limb Saver" to minimize the kick. I also had my gunsmith do a trigger job on it. Honest 3 pounds of pull and smooth as silk. Best $50 I ever spent.

Have fun

3. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i am looking to buy either a tc or a cva optima. the tc costs a lot more. is it worth it? from looking at them both are nice guns.

4. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    I bought a TC Encore last year and ended up not even hunting black power season. I put close to $1,000 in everything I bought for it including Nikon scope, TC scope rings, sling, case, recoil pad, trigger extension, power pellets, sabots, caps, and then some. I would rather bow hunt and don't know if I will ever use the new gun. I haven't even pulled the trigger at the range. :sad2: It will probable be another in the long list of toys that I "thought" I needed and ended up making someone else a great deal on a new toy.

The point to this story is if you intend to use it and you get enjoyment out of it, they buy the best you can afford. You won't find yourself wishing you would have bought the cheaper item but you could find yourself wishing you had spent the extra on what you wanted in the first place. I am going through this right now on a boat.:eek:oooh: I looked at the cheaper muzzle loaders but they looked just that, cheaper. I sure they are good guns and will kill a dear just the same, I just like TC. My 2 cents and that isn't much.

5. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Dont get me wrong ,here all but I once owned a T/C contender in .357 Max ,super 14 bull bbl with a 1.5 r/c proof scope ,pachmyer grips and case. Set me back about 700.00 back in 1982 or so . I thought it was nice till I got to thinking .... What an idiot I was for spending that kind of money on a dang s/s pistol. You pay for the name ,more than the craftmanship these days. T/C is a great arm ,but they have become stuck on themselves in my opinion. I'll stick with savage or Remington here and get my money's worth.

6. guns sugar

guns sugar New Member

State:
    Georgia
    i bought my husband one for christmas 2 yrs ago ... he kept sayin he would love to have one so i questioned him on caliber stock and barrel so i went and ordered one... wow was he shocked when i gave it to him... he wanted a 243 since he has all the other good calibers so thats what i got for him... he has gotten 3 nice deer with it .... i use his older contender and love it as well... really think they are fantastic... glad u got one!!!

Karolyn

7. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    You surely won't go wrong with the TC. I've got a TC hawkins I've had for over 25 years, and have had my Omega for 4 years. I'm in love with my Omega! it's one of the best shooting rifles I own! I'd much rather hunt with it than anything else I've got. The TCs cost a little more, yes, but you will have it for generations to come if cared for properly.

8. jeffw51

jeffw51 New Member

State:
    mo
    i have owned two tc encores ,one with a 7mm barrel and recoil supressor awsome guns.to me no one can match the comfortable stock design.

9. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Should you ever need advice, have a problem, or whatever. Call the factory,
    1 (603) 332-2333. You get a real person. Highly trained and friendly. A gunsmith will talk to you. They all love to hunt. You get off the phone smiling and bragging to your friends about the experience.:big_smile:

10. DJH1

DJH1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I had one in .223 at one time. It was wood and stainless, beautiful gun with a 26" bull barrel. Should've kept it, just young and stupid.

11. DCcatfisher

DCcatfisher New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I would look into Harrington & Richardson before I spent the money on a TC Encore. If you buy any of the rifle models you also have the base for a muzzleloader or shotgun barrel. The only downside is the fact that if you buy a muzzleloader or shotgun it will only support a muzzleloader or shotgun barrel while the rifle will support all three and when you buy a new barrel you have to send the firing pin assembly and stock back to the factory and they "hand fit" the barrel to the reciever to ensure proper fitment and accuracy. In my opinion the hand fitting could be a good thing and they boast only a couple of weeks turn around on most firearms. Not to mention the fact you can buy the base gun and a couple of barrels for what the TC Encore cost for a firearm with only one barrel, also don't forget you get a firearm manufactured by a company owned by Marlin which is notorius for simple reliable firearms that have really proven themselves over the years. Check them out you might be suprised.
    http://www.hr1871.com/

12. tkoehler

tkoehler New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    shot a pro hunter few weeks ago in 30-06 not much felt recoil

13. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    i got my new t/c in 30.06 cal. and really like it. now i need to start looking at the other barrels for it. i for sure need a shotgun barrel before spring turkey season and then a muzzleloader before fall.

14. capmadlee

capmadlee Member

State:
    p hill missouri
    i have a 300 win mag with the thomb hole stock, bore barrel, and a leopold vx2 4x12x40. i also put one of the simms pads on it. i love that gun and would never sell it. i also have a savage 7 mag that kicks like a mule. i would rather spend three times the money on the tc than the savage. my shoulder thanks me very time i shoot the tc.