TC CENTER or CVA OPTIMA

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by tufffish, Aug 26, 2007.

1. tufffish

tufffish New Member

State:
    Texas
    do any of you have one of these guns and do you like them? i went and looked at them today and they look pretty much the same to me. i hope someone has one of them and can tell me if they are as nice as they look. i do not know which one i really want now that i went and looked at them.

2. Grumper

Grumper New Member

State:
    Crystal City MO
    JMHO, I think that TC makes the best muzzleloaders. I have the TC Omega, and I love it. I know that if you go with the Contender, Encore, or Pro Hunter, you will probably be spending alot more money that you would versus the CVA. If you go the the Encore, (even though I think it's around $600 just for the gun,)you can get an interchangable barrel in almost any caliber.

3. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I'm real happy with my TC Omega also. They have actually come down in price. You can get the basic unit, (plain Jane) for round $300.

4. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    well we went with the CVA pro mag, and a buddy has the TC, I am glad I did because to me it is as good and cost way less, and I think it offers just as many options. I am not at all knocking the Thompson, I just couldn't see spending the extra cash, but I may just be cheap, all I can tell you is you would be pleased with either one, just depends how much ya wanna shell out.

5. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Oh, but if you really want to go off the wall get the new Electra™ ARC™ Magnum Series, if you have not seen this new "toy" well check it out on the CVA site, I think technology may just be getting a bit out of hand, just M/O, I really see no need but I guess it will sell :wink:

6. kkyyoottee

kkyyoottee New Member

State:
    Iowa
    My wife and I both shoot cva's and they are both very accurate. If you dont need anything but a muzzy barrel , then why pay for a option you wont use or dont need? T/C makes fine weapons and I have had several but never bought them new. I let the other guy take the hit on value buying it new. I would put my cva up against any t/c on the range and if you think maybe a 1/2 inch difference in grouping at a 100 yards is worth $300 bucks by all means buy a T/C. For what they want for 1 we bought 2. That was a no brainer for me. Good luck with your choice.

7. bn2hunt

bn2hunt New Member

State:
    Iowa
    I shoot the optima in stainless and black synthetic stock. I use 100 gn of loose with a 270 gn powerbelt platinum. I shot a deer last year at 140 yards and only had 2" of drop from my point of aim. I zero it at 75 yds and i can shoot a 1 1/2 3 shot grp from a vise. Not near that good without the rest but can't blame the gun for that. Anyway for my money the CVA was the best value.

Dan

8. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I think I agree with all the advice, cept for maybe one thing. That would be when the new widget comes out & ya just got to have it. Then ya got the old one to sell or trade. A buddy just got two older style in lines, the T/C cost him $75, but the CVA, the fella said to take it for free.....getting dusty laying around.
    Some brands hold their value longer than others, performance don't have much to do with it.
    :big_smile:

9. xringer3

xringer3 New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I've shot both CVA and TC. I've owned several TC weapons and the difference in "fit, finish, and workmanship" is alot better in the TC. The CVA still feels "cheap" to me. You can get one that shoots good, but I wouldn't take anything for my TC Omega! I figure that's probably the last muzzy I'll buy as far as an inline goes. I'm still looking for a good flintlock. I've never had any problems with any TC I've owned, they've always shot great, and the workmanship has always been top notch.

10. chris45601

chris45601 New Member

State:
    ohio
    LoL, if i had my say I'd have you buy a knight, Great guns but if i had to choose out of those two go with the tc, Great gun my father owns one, he traded in his Remington for it, Great gun i love it.